Quick questions

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by rufio101, May 10, 2008.

May 10, 2008

Quick questions by rufio101 at 4:31 PM (748 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. rufio101
    OP

Newcomer rufio101 Newbie

Canada
    Is this the best flashcard to get to play SNES games? i dont really care about the price so if there is a better/easier one can someone let me know? As far as i know i have to get The cycloDs, a SD card, and then download an snes emulator and then i can play. Is this correct.

I am getting this really just for the Snes game, but what else can it do? I saw somewhere that it plays mp3s.....

thanks

2. SleepingDragon

Member SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Welcome aboard. As far as your question, yes, that's what you need to do.

As far as other things to do on your CycloDS, there are many. When you get your CycloDS, it will come loaded with a media-playing software called Moonshell. With this, you will be able to play mp3s, view photos (gif, jpg, etc), and even watch video. The only slightly tricky part is the video watching. You will need to convert your video into .dpg format, because that is the only format that Moonshell will recognize. For instance, yesterday I converted a couple Stargate TV episodes into .dpg format. You need convert it with a sw program you can download for free like batchdpg or SUPER. I have used both and SUPER is by far the one I prefer. Here is the website: www.erightsoft.com/Superdc.html

-Here is where I have been getting my CycloDS and they have the best prices I can find: www.realhotstuff.com
    I paid $51 and got it in 3 days with regular shipping.

-www.meritline.com this is the best place I've found to get my microsdhc chips. I bought an 8gb Scandisk for $62 with free shipping and I got it in 3 days.

-www.ndsthemes.com You may already know about this site, but it's the best one out there for Skins for your CycloDS and Moonshell. And, of course, there are a lot of good skins here at gbatemp.

This should get you started. If you meed any more help, let me know.

3. megabug7

Member megabug7 Forum Relic

United Kingdom
    Compatibility is low on the Snes emulator for DS. (SnemulDS - unless there is a better one I don't know about [​IMG] )
    It won't play heaps of games - and if it does then there are problems with sound, graphics ect.

4. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Hey sleepingdragon, you didn't answer his question very well.....

Also, Realhotstuff doesn't ship to Canada... They don't ship internationally.

5. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    SOURCE