Hacking Quick Questions- Checked threads, just want to confirm

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all, just want to do a quick check on some things before i splurge money on either a large HDD or a large SD card.

Do all games work now? With CFW? Does USB loading and SD card loading have identical compatibility?

And lastly, does any 128GB micro sd card work? Does it need to be a specific brand/speed? Im looking at buying an expensive, fast one but dont want to come home to find out it doesnt work with reinand/usb loading D:

TY in advance!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All games should work. SD card loading is quite a bit slower than USB. I have a 256GB card in mine, and I've never had any issues. good luck!

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm. Currently using a 500gb hard drive and all my games work fine. I would advise a hard drive, alot cheaper and you can fit alot more on as well as loading faster (but not by much) .

I'm also running a 64gb sd card for all my emulator games, wii and gamecube games. All in all I could of managed with a 250gb hard drive but just had a 500gb drive from my ps4 lying around.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I have a 2TB hdd with mine via a y cable, then a 1TB drive for my virtual wii which has a selector that can channel data to either my virtual wii or my actual wii at the press of a button. I've had no issues with this setup.

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot guys! Any specifics on HDDs that i should look for? IM guesssing a self powered standard 2.5" portable HDD is fine? any size is also fine?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2TB is the limit, but it's overkill from my experience. I have 250 games or so on mine, and it hasn't even eclipsed 1TB. u can only have 300 games due to wii u limitations. u'll be asked to delete games if u go over that. my drive is a wd elements 2.5" drive. if u have the space for self-powered, I'd go for it. I didn't which is y I use a y cable.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm using a western digital, all seems to be ok, just get a y cable for which ever one you get and all should be ok

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it should work as long as the wii u can send it enough power. the usb's on the wii u rn't powerful enough (normally anyway) for an hdd, so u may need to buy a y cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE