Hacking quick question

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, more and more games will have that protection.
the best solution is to update your chip (or replace it, if updating is impossible), instead of trying to patch the disc, because Nintendo can block that (and so apparantly they did with firmware 3.3)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
killplaystation said:
what chip detection?

The 'error 001 unauthorized device has been detected' thing. I believe it's not actually detecting the chip itself, but it can detect that the disc is a copy.

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
killplaystation said:
what chip detection?

The 'error 001 unauthorized device has been detected' thing. I believe it's not actually detecting the chip itself, but it can detect that the disc is a copy.
never heard of it, never run into it.
even with ssbb or MG. Both of which worked on first burn.
should i be thanking cyclowiz?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
killplaystation said:
kedest said:
killplaystation said:
what chip detection?

never heard of it, never run into it

That protection was first introduced with super mario galaxy. The game would display that error and refuse to run on most major modchips. It scared a lot of people back then, thinking Nintendo had finally beaten piracy. But the solution came quickly. Amost all chips got firmware updates and now that error is no longer a problem.

GeordieMick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers all, well looks like i will have to get my chip removed and a new one put in. dont have a clue what chip i got? lol was supposed to be a wiikey, but tryed updating it and it wont! oh well lol btw anybody know if Alone In The Dark, and Top Spin 3 got the chip detection on them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1