Quick question: YSmenu and EZflash3in1+ on an r4?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by denieru7, Jul 23, 2009.

1. denieru7
    OP

denieru7 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi guys;

I was thinking of buying an EZflash 3in1+. It seems like a great product and I like the functionality it adds.

Now, i use YSmenu on an original r4, and its great; never been happier with my r4.

Using the newest version of YSmenu (27 March 09: EZ3in1+ NOR), hows the compatibility with the ezflash 3in1+? I've searched around and many people have said that YSmenu is fully compatible with EZflash 3in1+, but my question is; is it native? Is YSmenu itself compatible with EZ3in1+, or is the use of Rudolph's latest GBAexploader needed?

What i mean by "native" is; if i use the opera browser, will it need any tweaks (ie patches, cheats) to get the RAM expansion to be recognised? Does rumble work in games that have rumble? I know that in YSmenu, if a rumble game is highlighted and an EZ3in1+ is inserted, an option for rumble appears next to DMA, RESET and CHEAT, but does it need any tweaking to get it to recogise? Most importantly, if I put a .gba game onto my SD, put it into my r4, put the EZ3in1+ into slot 2, will I be able to play it straight off the bat in YSmenu? What i mean by that is, will it have specific functions for gba games, which works like EXploader does; ie, does it let users choose between NOR and PSRAM?

All in all; does it work with EZ3in1+ just like the EZflash V does?

I found this line on wikitemp:

"It attempts to patch the browser and GBA games without having to use a separate loader program"

And that sounds promising =P just wanted to make sure. If so, though, then I'm getting one for sure [​IMG]

Finally, where do the saves of GBA games go to? Does YSmenu create a .sav on the microSD card?

Thanks a lot!

And just as a PS: If you're using YSmenu, make sure to update your infolib.dat with the ones that i do here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice