Hacking Quick question regarding Guitar Hero 5

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 4.2U Wii modded using a disc loader. I recently acquired GH5 and get the blackscreen issue. I read that installing a custom ios will solve the issue. My question is since I have 4.2U and I really dont want to install cIOSCORP 3.4 atm is it possible to use WAD Manager to install the cIOS I need? If I did this would it cause any issues with the Wii or would it just work fine? I don't want a headache...boy I hate them so much...If not would thur be another method I would have to take in order to install the cIOS56-64-v5146-v3.4. Thanks in advance.

Gino_Drago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, You really don´t need a Custom IOS56 , you can install an original IOS56, get it by means of NUSD and check the option to generate a WAD File, then use Wad Manager and install it.

I did it yestarday and GH5 is woking fine for me

And remember to use IOS222 from Hermes

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had to use MulticIOS to get GH5 to work. I am not going to rewrite the steps I did to get it to work... There is a Guitar Hero 5 topic already started with instructions on getting it to work. Check here

As a side note, I did not install the IOS56 wad. (4.1 NTSC System Menu)

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
with loaders, run it on 222
from DVD, make sure you have IOS56 installed.

that's all to play it. (at least that is when region matches)

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gino_Drago said:
Hi, You really don´t need a Custom IOS56 , you can install an original IOS56, get it by means of NUSD and check the option to generate a WAD File, then use Wad Manager and install it.

I did it yestarday and GH5 is woking fine for me

And remember to use IOS222 from Hermes

Are you on a USB Loader? I am trying to Run the actual disk. And I did that first. I installed the original IOS56. I read up and it said I could use a cIOS56 to play through a back-up launcher. But I guess only softchip works for now.

Eddie_Brock said:
I had to use MulticIOS to get GH5 to work. I am not going to rewrite the steps I did to get it to work... There is a Guitar Hero 5 topic already started with instructions on getting it to work. Check here

As a side note, I did not install the IOS56 wad. (4.1 NTSC System Menu)

Oh I know there is a topic. I looked at it.

QUOTE(-pb- @ Oct 12 2009, 11:54 AM)
with loaders, run it on 222
from DVD, make sure you have IOS56 installed.

that's all to play it. (at least that is when region matches)

Yep from disk..I made sure I had it installed still blackscreen.

Sigh* got a headache...

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to dig this up from the grave.

Since then I have used cIOSCORP v3.x and not had any issues with games not loading. But I have quite a few friends that insist on not installing cIOSCORP and swear by Neogamma which is fine, to each his own. I have a few quick question regarding this again.

Scenario:

Mod Wii using "The Simplistic Mod" Sticky (Which btw is amazing fast and so easy even a cave man can do it.). Installing Neogamma as the back-up launcher of choice. Would there be any other step necessary in order for Guitar Hero 5 or Rockband or w.e else band to work? Is installing IOS56 still necessary? I would like to know what steps I need to take once I have freshly modded the Wii using "The Simplistic Mod" and using Neogamma. I would like to help a few of my m8's that are dealing with this black screen. This is only for a Disc Loader. Please provide information only regarding disc loading, USB and other loaders do not apply to this question(s). Thanks in advance.

-Anthony

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
FiveseveN said:
Sorry to dig this up from the grave.

Since then I have used cIOSCORP v3.x and not had any issues with games not loading. But I have quite a few friends that insist on not installing cIOSCORP and swear by Neogamma which is fine, to each his own. I have a few quick question regarding this again.

Scenario:

Mod Wii using "The Simplistic Mod" Sticky (Which btw is amazing fast and so easy even a cave man can do it.). Installing Neogamma as the back-up launcher of choice. Would there be any other step necessary in order for Guitar Hero 5 or Rockband or w.e else band to work? Is installing IOS56 still necessary? I would like to know what steps I need to take once I have freshly modded the Wii using "The Simplistic Mod" and using Neogamma. I would like to help a few of my m8's that are dealing with this black screen. This is only for a Disc Loader. Please provide information only regarding disc loading, USB and other loaders do not apply to this question(s). Thanks in advance.

-Anthony

This

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get Guitar Hero 5 or Band Hero to work with Neogamma because I couldn't figure out how to get it to run off Hermes IOS222 and IOS223. I think it'll work with Softchip though.

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Summersett said:
I couldn't get Guitar Hero 5 or Band Hero to work with Neogamma because I couldn't figure out how to get it to run off Hermes IOS222 and IOS223. I think it'll work with Softchip though.

Yea I seen it work with Softchip, Neogamma>SoftChip though, anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone seen maybe a patched iso? Still looking for a solution.

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
cioscorp 3.x is fine if you know what your doing when installing it.
there won't be any patched isos for it, and if there were I can't link you do to gbatemp rules.
Install the update on the game disc, it will add ds connectivity and the proper ios.

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
gamersclub said:
cioscorp 3.x is fine if you know what your doing when installing it.
there won't be any patched isos for it, and if there were I can't link you do to gbatemp rules.
Install the update on the game disc, it will add ds connectivity and the proper ios.

I don't think you read the thread. Also I didn't ask for a link to anything. My friend does not want to use cioscorp. I am a cioscorp user it works fine for me. The issue is getting this to run on Neogamma. If it's not possible then that would suck for my friend. I need people that have either found a solution for loading with neogamma using a disk. Not USB Loader or cIOSCORP.

Sigh* Read before you post.

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
FiveseveN said:
Summersett said:

Yea I seen it work with Softchip, Neogamma>SoftChip though, anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone seen maybe a patched iso? Still looking for a solution.
I did read the thread and I'll ignore the fact your triple and double posted. You asked about there being a patched iso, and I gave you information about it.
rolleyes.gif

Quick edit: You missed the part in my post showing how you can run it with neogamma thru disc channel WITHOUT CIOSCORP.

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
gamersclub said:
FiveseveN said:
Summersett said:

I did read the thread and I'll ignore the fact your triple and double posted. You asked about there being a patched iso, and I gave you information about it.
rolleyes.gif

Quick edit: You missed the part in my post showing how you can run it with neogamma thru disc channel WITHOUT CIOSCORP.

The update only adds an ios. Which I have. That will not make it run through Neogamma. I asked if anyone knows of a patched iso, I did not add for a direct link to it.

Double and triple post? Did you see how far apart they were?

Still looking for a solution any help would be appreciated.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there will not be a patched ISO for this game because there is no reason for 1.

it shouldnt be able to run using IOS249, as it is a music game and will need hermes cIOS 38+37.

you can then use softchip or uloader to launch the game using that cIOS.

hmm you can probably also change hermes cIOS to use slot IOS249 and try to run it with neogamma.

FiveseveN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
there will not be a patched ISO for this game because there is no reason for 1.

it shouldnt be able to run using IOS249, as it is a music game and will need hermes cIOS 38+37.

you can then use softchip or uloader to launch the game using that cIOS.

hmm you can probably also change hermes cIOS to use slot IOS249 and try to run it with neogamma.

Thanks zero.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Buttocks