Hacking Quick question regarding flashme!

Izmar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really just want to get rid of the health and safety screen.

If I do choose to install flashme, will everything be the same, except for the h and s screen? Or will there be other things?

Thanks!
smile.gif

EDIT!

Another thing, I have a DS Fire Link Cart, 2GB.
This is ok to use to flash it with right?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be alright, but make sure you use the "no autoboot" version. Other changes include the ability to start slot-2 devices in DS mode by holding a button combination, emergency recovery of your firmware, and the ability to accept unsigned code over DS Download Play.

Izmar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, what im reading about the no atoboot version is that it starts up slot 1 instead of slot 2.

Does this mean when I turn my ds on, it will automatically start the game?

Because I dont want that to always happen, I have that option in the NDS options already.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Fire Link cart is a slot-1 device, right? The no auto boot version will let you boot your Fire Link without having to hold any button combinations upon bootup. Regular DS games should show the same behavior they always have.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100%.. But I think Flashing your DS can get you banned for Wi-Fi.

And I think it screws with Download play..

~Nero

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo can't tell if you have FlashMe or not, so they can't ban you from Wifi for it. I've had FlashMe for months and have not been banned and have not heard of anyone who has.

And the only way it "screws" with Download Play is increasing compatibility for it. If the other user is sending from a slot-2 device, normally the Download Play would have a high chance of failing, but if the receiving DS is flashed, it will attempt to receive the broadcast anyway. If none of your friends use slot-2 devices, it won't matter, and FlashMe won't affect Download Play at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse