Quick question regarding FE: Awakening, DLC (.cia) and spotpass.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ogopogo, Dec 14, 2014.

1. ogopogo
    OP

ogopogo Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2014
    Taiwan
    So I'm about to start playing Fire Emblem Awakening and I have a pack of all the DLC in the form of a .cia file that I can install with BigBlueMenu; however, if I understand correctly, there are also these Spotpass side quests that you can download in-game. Now my questions is will accessing the Spotpass content in game delete the DLC I've installed? And is there a difference between using the DLC with a .cia install of the game and using a .3dz rom?

2. Phantom_User

Phantom_User Phantom of Page 666

Aug 28, 2012
    Your nightmares
    I'm wondering this too. Do we NEED to have games in .CIA to use DLCs + Updates ??

3. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    The same DLC and updates work with cartridge and eshop versions all the same.
    Now I only tested installing the DLC after I had already enabled the Spotpass content and it didn't affect the DLC at all.

ogopogo and Phantom_User like this.
  4. dawnbomb

dawnbomb GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2014
    Canada
    how are you installing this DLC? i'm curious. i'm assuming your not using eshop

5. ogopogo
    OP

ogopogo Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2014
    Taiwan

Like I said, it's a a package of all 15 DLC in a cia file that I can install with BigBlueMenu. Since I am playing the Japanese version though, the DLC I found are for the same region so I'm not sure if these would work for other regions or not.

6. Pitalacta

Pitalacta Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2014
    Brazil
    I installed the DLC .cia pack and for some reason it doesn't work with my eshop copy, it says something like "The SD card was removed" when I try accessing the DLC menu. I had to ~acquire~ a .3dz rom and start a new save file to be able to play the DLC.
    To answer the OP, I go into the spotpass menu all the time and never had my DLC deleted.

7. Dreganxix

Dreganxix Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2009
    United States
    I have the FE:A installed and I am looking just for the DLC CIA. Can you point me in the right direction?