Quick question re: Winsunx & M3 SD "Professional"

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by jigaboo, Jun 27, 2006.

Jun 27, 2006
  1. jigaboo
    OP

Newcomer jigaboo Advanced Member

Canada
    Hi guys,
    Sorry for the newbie-esque question, but I was thinking about getting an M3 SD lite/slim to tide me over until the G6lites are reviewed/back-in-stock but the oddity of Winsunx's description is bugging me a little.

According to them, their "M3 SD Professional (Chinese)" does not play GBA games - is this the case, or is it some bizzare mistranslation? Also, is there any difference between a Chinese version versus an English version? Can one flash the English firmware on it?

Thanks for any help!
    J

ps. How is GBA functionality "disabled"? It would seem to me the only thing one could do was remove the RTC/battery combo... However, wouldn't you be able to patch the GBA rom to save to flash (like the Supercard SD)?

2. RyuKakashi

Member RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    "Professional" series of any of the flash carts means no GBA support therefor much cheaper.

It works fine for all DS backups but it takes out GBA support somehow or another and usually it's 30$ off or so.

No mistranslation there.

3. jigaboo
    OP

Canada
    Thanks RyuKakashi. Would you happen to know about the chinese vs english properties of it (translation: does it make a difference? can I just flash the english firmware etc?)

Thanks,
    J

4. jon_jon

Member jon_jon GBAtemp Regular

United States

You used to be able to flash English firmware onto a Chinese M3, but not anymore. Essentially they function the same, but the menus are in different languages.

5. jigaboo
    OP

Canada
    thanks jon_jon, I guess that tears it then. Oh well, back to waiting for the G6lite then...

J

6. catfish24

Newcomer catfish24 Newbie

United States
    does that mean all the files are listed in chinese or just the menu that's built into the firmware?