Nervouspride

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I just purchased a Xecuter SX pro and OS

But my question is When you add homebrew or any "mods" of any kind at all really and I guess also log into safe mode or recovery mode...when you stop using these or want to just go back to regular Nintendo Eshop and exit out of safe mode are you still likely to get banned??
so I guess the whole base of my question is once you already modded and homebrewed your console is that it are you likely to get banned or can you exit safe mode go back to playing your switch like you never modded it?

Thank you for anyone who help, as you can all tell im very new to this community and pretty new to switch mods so any help at all that would be amazing!

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
After first run with SX OS CFW You have a chance for ban and you can't do anything.
You should did backup before running CFW. Only then you could bring Switch to stock version, but it works only if you are not flagged by Nintendo servers.

Nervouspride

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After first run with SX OS CFW You have a chance for ban and you can't do anything.
You should did backup before running CFW. Only then you could bring Switch to stock version, but it works only if you are not flagged by Nintendo servers.
Okay, so I still not have put CFW or even ran SX pro yet waiting for a reply like your's,
So when you say make a back up do you mean just copy ALL my Nintendo files onto my personal computer and just keep it on a thumb drive or somthing, Also should I make a new Nintendo Account that I wouldn't care gets banned?
(sigh sorry) one more question once I put the SX OS CFW onto the switch and let's say my console or account doesn't get banned when new updates come out for Xecuter or even just new updates for the switch will I need to do them all manually?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No. It means you need to run RCM and boot to SX Pro RCM (if you are using dongle and RCM Jig - put RCM Jig and dongle to Switch and power on with Power button and vol + button at the same time, after one second release power button with vol+ still holding and wait until menu with three tiles shows). Now you click Options -> NAND -> Dump NAND -> Continue.
It's recommended to use fat32 card! It needs 25 GB free space minimum and it will take maximum 1.5h. It is recommended to make this in any case. in sdcard sxos/backup/ should be 3 files: boot0, boot1 and rawnand. If you have this files, you can continue with whatever you want. Don't boot CFW after you are sure that they are there. If they are, you can take this files to your PC or cloud and delete them from sdcard. Just archive them somewhere.

You can use emunand too, then NAND will be untouched, and OS with CFW will be booted from sd card. You need to use second of third option, that is "files on microsd card" or "hidden partition on microsd".
Second option
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tut-how-to-install-emunand-on-microsd.523796/
You don't need to do anything after 10th point if you didn't run CFW before.

Last edited by masagrator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1