Hacking Quick question on soft mods

1ronlung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed 3 loaders on a friends Wii .... Miiwii, 0.3 Gamma and Gecko - in that order.

Have installed in a simple way - downgraded and then installed WADS using wadmanager.

My question is fairly simple. Have I actually installed 3 different loaders, or have I installed the first and simply overwritten the same files when installing the other 2 loaders, hence it'll only be the last loader installed that actually takes effect ?

Thanks in advance,
ironlung

SephiranX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, I believe you installed 3 loaders with similar functions. But they are different loaders. Except MiiWii has both of the capabilities of Gamma and Gecko. Gamma can play backups and has the same capabilites of Gecko. I don't think you overwritten any files at all.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MiiWii installs cIOScorps which allows loading from disc channel and allows backups to be launched from GeckoOS.

Gamma requires installing a custom IOS (249) and a specific loader

GeckOS isn't a backup loader at all, but with cIOScorps it can load backups.

But to answer your question... They are all basically the exact same and (depending on the version of each) have almost identical compatibility because they all use Waninkoko's custom IOS in one way or the other. They are simply different shells of the same thing... so yes while you do have those 3 seperate "launchers" they do exist independantly even though they rely on the exact same files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte