Quick Question - Okay to do Galaxy update?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by redsrule2500, Nov 3, 2007.

Nov 3, 2007
  1. redsrule2500
    OP

Newcomer redsrule2500 Member

United States
    I am stuck at 3.0U simply because I am without a wireless router for 3 more weeks.

Is it okay to run the galaxy update on a wii console with only 3.0U and not 3.1U? (NTSC Wii w/ Wiikey)

Thank you. I already updated my wiikey with 1.9g. Just don't know if I should wait.

2. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You're NTSC so its not going to cause double channels. I don't see why you can't go ahead with it, it might even upgrade ya to 3.1!

3. redsrule2500
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I don't see why not either. One person told me that it wouldn't work though (continues with error 001) - so I'm really nervous to just test it myself.

If anyone has any experience themselves, that would be awesome to here about.

4. Epak

Newcomer Epak Member

Finland
    Actually I've got this picture that it doesn't have the 3.1u update, it might update to 3.0u though.

5. robi

Member robi GBAtemp Regular

France
    If you have an NTSC-U console why would you worry about running an update from an NTSC-U game?

There are people out there that have never connected their Wii's online and will buy an original copy of SMG, it's not like they would be SOL, right?

Since you have the Wiikey update, as far as your Wii knows, you are running an original disc, so your scenario is just like the Wii users that have never updated their Wiis.

6. redsrule2500
    OP

United States
    ^From what I heard, if you did the disc-update on a 3.0U NTSC Wii, the ERROR 001 remains even if you have the new wiikey 1.9g

thoughts?

7. robi

Member robi GBAtemp Regular

France
    If that is the case, the error 001 does not do anything to your Wii, so if it doesn't work (I would be surprised if it didn't) then you just have to wait until you get your wireless router back so you can update to 3.1U and then play.

I'm sure you already tried this but just in case: see if you can pick up a neighbor's WiFi signal. I have Cable and a neighbor of mine has DSL, if my internet goes down I just leech off their's [​IMG]

8. redsrule2500
    OP

United States
    Well I did it. 3.0U, installed wiikey 1.9g and installed galaxy disc update.

It worked just fine, however before I could load the first "level" i got a DRE for some reason. Hopefully just a bad burn....

9. Epak

Newcomer Epak Member

Finland
    Well I'm playing Galaxy on a 2.1E Pal Wii just fine. There are other people too who didn't need the 3.1 update to be able to play the game.

10. little_fishy

Newcomer little_fishy Newbie

New Zealand
    did you do the full update from the NTSC SMG on ur PAL wii? or did u cancel it half way?
    what happens if i use the update from the NTSC SMG on my PAL without cancelling it? will it brick my wii?

11. HopOnRocks

Newcomer HopOnRocks Advanced Member

Canada
    I was at 3.0U when I updated with the 1.9g disc.
    I first updated with 1.9b and then used the setup disc 1.3. After I changed the settings, I updated with the 1.9g disc and it ran smooth.

Once it was done, I connected to the internet, performed the 3.1U update and that almost ran fine. Popped my copy of Galaxy in, did the update it prompt me with and starting playing no problem.

12. Epak

Newcomer Epak Member

Finland
    Of course not, I did the unplug trick. Do not let it do the full update, you'll get double channels and in the worst case a useless Wii.

13. Yugge

Member Yugge GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Double Channels yes, Useless/bricked wii no.

14. Epak

Newcomer Epak Member

Finland
    I wouldn't do the update if I didn't have the latest firmware though.