Hacking Quick question about updating to 4.3?

Choflux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i got rockband 3 and it has a firmware update.

im on 4.1U, with the latest version of homebrew channel, should i just update when the game prompts me to do it and then reinstall all the cios?
or is there a different way, i got the game already on USBLoader, and have some DLC with the unlock wads, and they download and play just fine, if i want to keep the wads working should i do anything else?

Choflux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i dont have priiloader, and bootmii is installed as ios...

is it safer to just install priiloader than just update?

KyleJCrb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Choflux said:
No i dont have priiloader, and bootmii is installed as ios...

is it safer to just install priiloader than just update?

Yes, it will save you a lot of headache now and down the road, as Priiloader is useful for several things, like blocking updates and recovering from a bricked state (if you ever get to that point somehow).

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd stay on 4.1 if i were you....4.2 o 4.3 didn't offer anything new....

priiloader installs in a hurry and it adds a couple neat features....since you have only bootmii as IOS it's stongly recommended to have priiloader anyhow....without it, you can't get to HBC if you corrupt your system menu (a simple banner brick would be unrecoverable without priiloader)

some features i use:

enable "replace health screen" skips the health screen warning at boot-up...(leave auto-press A disabled for this)....

you can also enable a setting which could autoboot right to your USB loader...just install a forwarder dol in priiloader and then autoboot 'installed file'....

Choflux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks for the help guys, i normally dont mess with anything unless i know what im doing, to prevent bricking, but will install priiloader asap for the extra safety.

joshuaswii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you manage to get the dlc to work off the usb loader? My dlc is cracked and i cant use it from my sd card. I keep getting the message "Song cannot be restored to wii system memory" Any help would be appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night