Hacking Quick question about trimmed roms on Acekard

JmeClarke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting an Acekard 2i for christmas as I got fed up of having to spend hours browsing threads to find fixes for new games on my R4. All the roms I currently have I trimmed with the R4DS rom trimmer, will they work on the Acekard or do I need to redownload my collection?

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I use TinyTrimmer for pretty much anything. Just Drag and Drop and run
tongue.gif

There is one minor flaw with this program though. If a nds rom file has .NDS (capital letters) for the extension instead of .nds it will throw a fit until you change the .NDS to .nds. Silly but whatever
tongue.gif

JmeClarke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, thanks for the help guys. Just also wondering, doesn't the AK2i automatically trim roms when they're put on the micro sd?

Nugg2396

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
JmeClarke said:
Okay, thanks for the help guys. Just also wondering, doesn't the AK2i automatically trim roms when they're put on the micro sd?
I was wondering the same thing
biggrin.gif
Getting an acekard soon! Buh-bye R4! I use NDSTokyotrim for my R4 though

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From the AKAIO Wiki under GlobalSettings.ini:

QUOTE said:
romTrim = 0

* Trim the ROM when copy/pasting it around the microSD card. 0 for NO and 1 for YES.

Hope that answers your question. I doubt that means when you plug it in to your computer, it will trim the ROM automatically because AKAIO has to be running in order for that to work since it is integrated into the GlobalSettings.ini. Use TokyoTrim before copying.

~ Jon

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i believe the whole auto trim is only for acekard rpg, so when copying from nand to microsd, it trims, and i dont know how well either, anyways, use ndstokyo

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
i believe the whole auto trim is only for acekard rpg, so when copying from nand to microsd, it trims, and i dont know how well either, anyways, use ndstokyo
ohhhhhhhhhhh hahaha that makes sense. I was wondering what that function did. XD now I know.

This isn't even my own post and I learned something
smile.gif

~ Jon

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
You can trim the rom by enabling the option in AKAIO, and then copy it to another folder. However I wouldn't do that because the trimmer isn't very good (it will kill wi-fi data, unlike tokyo) and copy/paste function can corrupt your card (IDK why these options still persist in AKAIO aynway).

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
DaMummy said:
cut/copy using ds will kill your nand just as fast as it will using a computer, nand doesnt like to be written to millions of times
It's not that. I think Another World or someone else from AKAIO team said the copy/paste functions were broken & that people should not use them. Well maybe they are broken on Acekard 2 and not RPG. I don't know.
smile.gif

JmeClarke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XWolf said:
What is the advantage of trimming, apart from space?

It's just the space advantage. Up until now I've been using an old R4 which can't take SDHC cards, so the max I could have was 2gb, so the trimming really helped me get as much on as possible.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ive used copy/cut/paste on my rpg multiple times and havent had any problems with AKAIO, not thats not the case for official firmware, which corrupted my nand when copying a game from nand to sd....yeah that sucked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all