Hacking Quick question about PSPGO

flamingdogs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about getting a PSPGo, but unfortunately I'm a bit ignorant on what it can do, and just want to get some clarification. First off, if I bought a PSPGo right now, what custom firmware would I be able to get it run: the temporary 6.39, or the permanent 6.20? Second question, will I be able to run game boy games on it (has software for this actually been released)?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flamingdogs said:
I'm thinking about getting a PSPGo, but unfortunately I'm a bit ignorant on what it can do, and just want to get some clarification. First off, if I bought a PSPGo right now, what custom firmware would I be able to get it run: the temporary 6.39, or the permanent 6.20? Second question, will I be able to run game boy games on it (has software for this actually been released)?
It depends on what kind of PSP Go you're gonna get. I bought a used PSP Go, and it came with 6.20. Therefore, I'm using Tn-HEN E for it. However, you may get one at 6.39, therefore needing temporary.

Also, there are several emulators for the PSP, for Gameboy and Gameboy Color(MasterBoy), Gameboy Advance (gpsp), and even NES and SNES emulators (forgot the names).

Good luck!

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Every single psp Go has 05g motherboard, so you'll be able to downgrade to a minimum of 5.7x (don't remember exact firmware) using this, including 6.20.

After that, you can install 6.20 PRO-B7 and (optionally) install the perma patch.
smile.gif

for more info: http://gbatemp.net/t293978-how-to-softmod-hack-your-psp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.