Quick question about Pokémon Homebrew

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Carlos_DobleC, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Carlos_DobleC
    OP

Carlos_DobleC GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2016
    Hi guys, i've been watching the forum for long time, but now i need to register to ask this question, is there any plans for devs. to program a homebrew to ''emulate'' the oficial Nintendo's PokéTransfer (or PokéTranslator, idk about the name).

I know there is a homebrew that emulates PokéBank, could this be possible? (Homebrew PokéTranslator).

Sorry for any miss on my text, english isn't my native language and i'm studying it.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    PkHex does this on Windows, as in you can load a save from an earlier gen, then load PkHex again and load a save from the current gen. All you do after that is drag the Pokemon across from one save to the other and it will import the Pokemon, emulating any changes that would have happened using the Poke Transporter.

I don't think any such tool can do this on the 3DS however.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  3. PrometheusG.

PrometheusG. GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2016
    Greece
    No there is not but there is one way you can do it yourself:

1)Get TWLSaveTool ,PKHeX and JKSM
    2)Then use TWLSaveTool to extract your gen4/5 save and JKSM to extract your gen6 save
    3)Use PKHeX(open it twice,one for your gen4/5 save and another for gen6 save) to transfer (drag and drop) your pokemon between your saves(I mean from gen4/5 saves to gen 6 saves, not vice versa)
    Profit

Xiphiidae likes this.
  4. DrkBeam

DrkBeam GBAtemp Fan

Jun 12, 2016
    Spain
    Pkhex, the PC program, works even with 1 Gen saves, it has the same function as the official one, I manage to transfer my 4 Gen poke from diamond to alpha sapphire trough this method and with twl save tool, English is not my native language too.

5. Carlos_DobleC
    OP

Carlos_DobleC GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2016
    Thx guys, i'll do this then.
    Mods can close the topic.

6. PK101
    This message by PK101 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 23, 2016, Reason: Useless -rp.
    Sep 22, 2016