Quick question about NNID, formatting, and restoring NAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by foolalay, Oct 19, 2015.

1. foolalay
    OP

foolalay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2015
    United States
    Hi, I was wondering how to relink my NNID if I were to format and restore my NAND? I have an unlinked emuNAND set up, and my NNID is connected to sysNAND. I would like to be able to access the eshop on sysNAND (9.0) and keep my emuNAND offline. In the process of unlinking my emuNAND, I must have broken my NNID :(

So to fix this, would I format -> relink NNID to empty new sysNAND -> restore old NAND

or

format-> restore old NAND-> link NNID in settings? Or any other way?

If you know how to fix error 022-2634 on sysnand any other way (after researching here to no avail I called Nintendo, who told me all I can do is format my 3ds), I'd love to hear it. I'll probably be doing the format in about an hour otherwise. ugh I feel like an idiot for messing this up and I'm freaking scared to rewrite the sysNAND.

Last edited by foolalay, Oct 22, 2015
  2. foolalay
    OP

foolalay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2015
    United States
    I went ahead and took out my sd card, formatted, linked NNID, and restored NAND. It worked! My saves seem to be still there and I can access eshop on sysNAND!

Manually fixed error 022-2634

Edit: Just adding this in case people find this by searching. I had to go into the eshop page for one of my games, scroll to the bottom, and use the "repair software" feature to get the games I had previously downloaded to show up (instead of having to redownload all my digital games).

Last edited by foolalay, Oct 20, 2015
    Ailuros27 and Quantumcat like this.
  3. Ailuros27

Ailuros27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 7, 2015
    United States
    How did you link an NNID on your outdated sysnand? I thought Nintendo checked for the latest Nver now whenever signing in, so that you had to be on 10.2 or 10.3 to do anything involving NNIDs.

4. PaolaScorpio

PaolaScorpio Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2015
    Brazil
    I was just about to ask in the forum if it was possible to recover the NintendoID by restoring the NAND backup to the outdated sysNAND. So, should I understand tis post as a yes? Can you walk through the steps? It seems my BF already formatted sysNAND in order to unlink the NANDs...

Ailuros27 likes this.
  5. Wire

Wire GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    How did you manually fix the error 022-2634? I can't get passed it whatsoever and I have my NNID setup in emuNAND. I tried booting it with Hans in CakesFW and rxTools.

Ailuros27 likes this.