Hacking Quick question about Dop-mii and ios56

Retrovertigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install ios56 so I can run Galaxy 2 straight from the dash. I'm using a PAL Wii on 3.4e with wiikey 1.

I've seen people saying install ios56, but when I go to use dop-mii it asks me to install a fake signed ios36 first and I'm not sure what that is and why it's needed in this instance. Thanks for any input

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
dop-mii requires u to use a fakesigned IOS to install anything

wad manager and MMM are able to install non-fakesigned IOSs using a non-fakesigned IOS (but like dop-mii, a fakesigned IOS is required to install any fakesigned content). So if all u want to do is install a non-fakesigned IOS56, u can use MMM or wad manager and select any non-stubbed IOS to install IOS56 (u may need to DL and pack the wad using NUSD or NUSAD first)

if u insist on using dop-mii, just use their fakesign restorer, then use IOS36 to install a non-fakesigned IOS56

Retrovertigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question as a supplement to this. I grabbed wad manager but it says when using it to choose ios249 when installing wads. But there isn't really any info on what it is doing. I installed a custom ios249 a while back.

Is wad manager overwriting ios249 with ios56? Or does it just use something within ios249 to make installing other ios's possible? Really don't want to proceed any further until I know I'm safe. In fact for all the information out there - there is a distinct lack when it comes to explaining the workings of these programs. Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, no