Retrovertigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there

I installed cfg usb loader a while back and from within it I formatted my usb stick and then used my Wii to rip xenoblade to it. I would then open cfg usb and my usb stick would auto mount.

However, I have now formatted the usb stick within wbfs manager and used that prog to rip Zelda to my stick. Now, whenever I open cfg usb on my Wii it says no partition found? I then have to press b and it mounts my usb stick.

I was wondering if there was anyway to avoid that extra step and just have it go straight to my usb stick as before? Is there an option I am missing where it auto mounts the usb stick as default - as it seemed to initially do with xenoblade? Thanks for any help.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
The only setting, to my knowledge, that affects what device is loaded is found in the config.txt file.

Look for this line:

Code:
# device
device = ask/sdhc/usb
you can only use one of the options for device, obviously, but those are the 3 options you can chose between.

edit: typos and formatting errors -.-

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
there's also the partition setting.
anyway, just select whatever device and partition you use and then save settings from the loader...

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oggzee: I appreciate if you could answer a question for me.
Would you happen to have any documents that contains more detail than in your codes to describe .wbfs file format. I am looking for info similar to that given in here but en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table but it does not have to be that clean, just little more info than your codes.I know you are one of very few experts on .wbfs filesystem in here and apparently, you came up with that.Retroverti my apologies for using your thread to ask a question from Oggzee.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Oggzee: I appreciate if you could answer a question for me.
Would you happen to have any documents that contains more detail than in your codes to describe .wbfs file format. I am looking for info similar to that given in here but en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table but it does not have to be that clean, just little more info than your codes.I know you are one of very few experts on .wbfs filesystem in here and apparently, you came up with that.Retroverti my apologies for using your thread to ask a question from Oggzee.

I'm not aware of any documentation apart from the source code.
However the real expert on wbfs is wiimm who can be found here in the forum as well.

Retrovertigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@oggzee - you were absolutely right, I forgot to save the settings in cfg ..oops! Thanks bud

@nunavat2010 - no worries dude. No need to apologise :)

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, I kind of knew that, have bothered him enough with pms.
With the upper layer (what you yould describe as a filesystem) I can help too imho.
But I never researched the lower stuff (how the content of the "files" inside wbfs is made up).
No PMs please. Use posts instead so that everyone can profit. (Preferably in another thread.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat