Hacking Quick Poll: What firmware are you on and will you update?

What firmware are you on?

• 3.x and...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4.0 and...

• 4.1 and...

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ... I'll never, ever update

• ... I'll update my IOSes manually, one by one

• ... I'll only update if it is required to play a new game

• ... I'll update to 4.2 with the "Update" built in function

• ... I'll update to 4.2 with the Waninkoko Firmware Updater application

• ... I'll update to 4.2 with the Safe Firmware Updater application

• Total voters

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As topic guys, care to share your current status and your future plans about this? Please also, feel free to comment as you desire!

Thanks!
gbasp.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 4.2. There's nothing newer to update to. If a new update does surface, I'll only update if it's safe and if it adds some new feature, or is required to play newer games.

veerain11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im currently on 3.2u and i was wondering if i should update... If i was to update which way is the best way to do so. I heard pimp my wii was good? Can you guys recommend me a safe updater?

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on 4.2. updated via system menu. after everything was sorted out. will install new ios's manually that any game might need. and will never update to anything without homebrew.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.1u. What I'm gonna do is let NSMB Wii run its update since I'd prefer the boot2v4 update to be done via a disc installation than via WiFi. Then I'll manually install IOS70 and 4.2

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
I'm on 4.1u. What I'm gonna do is let NSMB Wii run its update since I'd prefer the boot2v4 update to be done via a disc installation than via WiFi. Then I'll manually install IOS70 and 4.2

Hmm... it is exactly the same about the boot2v4 upgrade. The WiFi installation first dowloads everything neccesary (for each part to update) and then runs it, so no worries there about a crashing net conection.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've been on 4.1E for a while, but since the 4.2 region free hack has been released, I've just updated to 4.2E (manually of course, I NEVER let Ninty do it for me!).

I'll only update after all the anti-hacking stuff has been ripped out, so I never update straight away.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country

no need to update to 4.2 at all. hell, there really was no need to update from 3.2, but i wanted the sd menu (which i never use thanks to triiforce) and the darkwii extended theme (which is now available for 3.2 anyway)

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You're missing the "no idea, don't care, don't use" option..
biggrin.gif

I have bootmii boot2 launching HBC where I can do everything I want and more, without ever thinking about system menu.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
4.0 and I'll only update if it is required to play a new game.

"game" is used a bit loose, in my case. If there's some sort of homebrew or emulator that somehow requires a newer version, I'll update as well (meaning: I'll look deeper into safely updating stuff).

Thus far, I haven't found anything completely relying on 4.2, and the changes between 4.0 and 4.1 aren't impressing me very much.

ratamahatta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
4.2 and I will update when new features get introduced, I dont know what is with all this downgrading garbage, was on 3.2 forever and updated through ninty to 4.2 and was the best thing I ever did to the wii... This doesn't mean I'm telling everyone to all go and update, I don't know how it all works or if you can wreck your softmodded wii by updating through ninty but it worked for me, and softmodding was much easier once I had updated

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
4.2 using Nintendo. I'd only update using a "safe" way if Nintendo made it necessary (which they haven't yet).

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was 3.2u forever then finally updated to 4.2 and downgraded to 4.1. I really don't understand the difference between the two but I thought I read somewhere that 4.2 deletes some homebrew stuff everytime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol