Quick NAND Backup Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by TiHKAL, Dec 29, 2009.

Dec 29, 2009

Quick NAND Backup Question by TiHKAL at 10:06 PM (617 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. TiHKAL
    OP

Newcomer TiHKAL Newbie

United States
    I have already installed bootmii2, neogamma, and Configurable USB Loader. Not sure on my exact Wii model # but it's pretty much a launch Wii, was purchased within first 3 months of release.

Is it still worthwhile to backup the NAND or did i miss the boat? The directions i was using didn't mention doing it, and i'm thinking it's a good thing to do. I know the steps to back it up Via bootmii just wondering if it's too late for the backup to have the proper information.

Sorry for such a stupid question, but i assume it's a quick yes/no answer.

Thanks in Advance [​IMG]

Unrelated:
    Also, punch out (the only game i've "backed up") is giving me DRE's. Which i was just ignoring but now i am at the tiger fellow and i can't get it to load the match before getting a DRE. I'm sure it's media/bad burn. The burn completed successfully via image burn, but i have not tested it to verify all parts are able to be read. I'm using some super old OfficeMax DVD-r's I burned at 2.4x much less than half the speed of my burner.

I guess if anyone has any ideas on that great, but mainly i'm just kinda waiting till pay day to grab a passport drive and start using the usb loader instead.

2. bula

Member bula GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sure it is, that will be your only way out in case of a full brick. Best media is Verbatim DVD-R and I burn at 2x.

3. TiHKAL
    OP

Newcomer TiHKAL Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the fast response. I just wasn't sure if the steps i took after that altered the NAND and basically nullified the point of backing it up. That sounds like a no, so i will make a back up when i get home! Thanks [​IMG]

4. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Just be sure to make a regular backup. A backup contains everything, so that includes the savegames! So if you restore a very old backup, you'll loose all of the game progress you've made since then.

5. TiHKAL
    OP

Newcomer TiHKAL Newbie

United States
    Will do! thanks for the heads up on that as well!

6. TiHKAL
    OP

Newcomer TiHKAL Newbie

United States
    Well as far as the DRE's go it looks like it was media. I did verify the disc against the iso in image burn but it said it was perfect. I had some old memorex media dvd-r's and so far no DRE on NSMB.