Quick (maybe old) Question

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by misticknight, Apr 9, 2007.

Apr 9, 2007
  1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I'm stuck between getting an M3DS Simply now or waiting until the G6 Real is released, but i have one question. Does anyone know how much, or roughly how much to expect the G6 Real to cost when it's released, cause if it's expensive, even if it were released today i'd probably still go for the M3 Simply. From what i've seen the only real reason for me to wait is the better download play but i thought if it's coming soon i may as well wait but i dont know anymore now i'm hearing till the end of this month and what's stopping them from delaying it again, but at least this way if i know the price i know whether it's worth the wait or not.

2. Qpido

Member Qpido Call me Q.

Netherlands
    Well if you keep your M3DS in a good shape, you can sell the bundle with microSD for around the same price that you got it for.
    Just keep the package and stuff, those things sell pretty easily.

Q~

3. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    what do you mean i don't get what your trying to tell me? i don't have an M3 allready if you're thinking i should sell it and get a G6??

4. Qpido

Member Qpido Call me Q.

Netherlands
    Sorry if I was unclear.
    I meant:
    Buy the M3, and sell it when the G6 comes out.
    Read the reviews about it and decide whether you want the G6 or if you're happy with your M3.

If you still don't get it, I will try it again.
    Maybe even with a bigger font [​IMG].

Q~

5. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    What I think he's trying to say is that if you buy a M3DS simply now, you can always sell it for the same price as you got it for. Then you can use that money to get a G6 DS real.

M3DS/R4 are great flashcards and they are cheap. If you care about download play, wait for the Real series to come out. If you don't care about it, go ahead and buy a M3DS simply or an R4 (You won't regret it).

6. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    LOL no i get it now. But nah i don't see the point in doing that if G6 is coming out apparantly real soon so if it's cheap than i'll probably force myself to wait otherwise i'll just buy an M3 and stick with it. The only reason i'm worried about that is the spring problem thingie, but if it happens i can always return it.

7. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    is the download play available on the M3DS now good though or if i do care about it (which i dont really but it'll be nice to have there)is it worth waiting long for a card that might be too expensive for me to buy when it comes out anyways?

8. aslacker55

United States
    Some games have download play with the M3 simply, but it's not perfect. In my opinion I think the G6 real will cost around $75(USD) for the 1 GIG and $100(USD) for the 2 GIG. I have a R4 and I love it, but I'm still buying the G6 real( I'm a G6 fan). It all come down to, can you hold off a little longer and are you willing to pay the big bucks.

9. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    G6DS Real all the way or get a R4 humm.

PS:Just stepping inn with my (G6)brothers

10. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    whoa i was planning on getting the 2 gig, if you say it's gonna be around $100 US, that's probably around $120-130 Australian, plus $12 shipping (from the place i'm getting it anyways.) Nah thank you, i think i'll go with the M3DS Simply. Good thing i made this topic now i can order right away, hopefully get the M3 next week.

11. aslacker55

United States
    I mailed it today, I'll p.m. you later. [​IMG]

12. aslacker55

United States
    I would suggest getting the R4 instead, they get the updates faster than the M3DS simply.

13. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    i heard that while it's almost identical though it's got some problems the M3 doesn't have, and that what little download play support there is the M3 does better (and if it's allready bad as it is, i may as well go for the one that does it better.) Or am i wrong?

14. GBA_Temper

United States
    Oh don't worry I know..I trust you brother Everyone that post on R4 and G6 thread is my brothers and sisters but everyone else on the GBATEMP is my Cousins..

15. aslacker55

United States
    No that's wrong, the two cards are exactly the same ( same compatibility, homebrew support, download play, features, and problems).

16. GBA_Temper

United States
    Well Aslacker55 the only thing that isn't the same is the FIRMWARE UPDATE Correct?

17. aslacker55

United States
    It's the same firmware updates, it's just that the R4 gets them a couple days earlier.

18. GBA_Temper

United States
    Humm well aslacker55 I just one to jump off topic for a moment since you have answerd his question...

Which is better M3 simply and R4 VS. SUperCard (ONE)

19. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    well if that's the case i guess i'll go with the R4. Just one more quick question i only just realised this now, don't know how i forgot but i remember the main reason i wanted to download play support was to trade with my friend in Pokemon Diamond when it comes out, now i'm looking at the Wiki Compatibility list and it says the japanese version works, does that mean the US version will work too or not exactly? This may be the one thing that will make me wait for the Real series (totally forgot about it before sorry, guess if i asked before it'd have saved time.)

20. aslacker55

United States
    I have all three of them. My favorite one is my R4 with my G6 lite, but I do like the SCDS 1's menu.