Dirtie

:'D
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If someone who has knowledge of Japanese could help me out for a second here it would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif
I just need to do one final test on my little translation project, which you can find more info on here. Once this test is done I can move on to the real work.

What I need is a quick translation to English of the text in this image (including the blue heading bit):
screenop4.png

Where there is a new line in the image, put a new line in your translation.

This game is a bit of a pain in the ass since every single piece of text in the game is in image format - I could have managed by myself if it was stored as actual text (it would have been easy enough to do with an online translator). I think I might put up a page on the wiki or something so other people can contribute.

If you want to know why I'm attempting to translate this particular game, the score here (second page) explains it all
wink.gif

wuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Manual translation... Run it through something else and verify if it's accurate.
smile.gif

????
Operating Instructions

????????
"Pulling The Line"

????????
Selecting the --- on the bottom screen.

????????????
?????????????
Place pen on the corner of the box and slide it along the line.

?????????????
?????????
Touch the area where a line has not been drawn.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Manual translation... Run it through something else and verify if it's accurate.Â
smile.gif

????
Operating Instructions

????????
"Pulling The Line"

????????
Selecting the --- on the bottom screen.

????????????
?????????????
Place pen on the corner of the box and slide it along the line.

?????????????
?????????
Touch the area where a line has not been drawn.
Sorry for asking but did you feed the japanese text into something or did you translate that yourself?

wuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I translated it myself... I'm not a native, and I'm not too sure of the accuracy, so it's better to have a second opinion.
wink.gif
I just noticed "pulling a line" should be "drawing a line" in this context (written the same).

Dirtie

:'D
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
My first quick translation test:
screen2xj8.png

(the numbers still obviously have to be realigned and I might change "a line" in the first one with "the grid")

Even just this one screen was a pain in the ass thanks to the tile arrangement (I couldn't even move that line button to the left, and even if I could there was no room for "bottom screen"), but short of hacking into the assembly for the tiles (I wish I had the skill and knowledge for that), this is how it's gotta be done
tongue.gif

All it means is that some stuff may not be perfectly aligned and some text may not sound as clear as it could be due to limited room.

Edit: Fixed.
screen3ra1.png

Edit 2: Official topic for the translation: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=48198

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1