Hacking Quick guide to updating your vita to 3.18 (Best firmware to hack) and installing Emulators/eCFW

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 42,360
  • Replies 66
  • Likes 4

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the format and the PS VITA is still not showing up activated on the PSN site...

Is it supposed to show up?

D

Deleted-355425

you dont need to use the website.

format vita>login you psn account when it asks, put in plane mode and reboot the vita... then load cma on the vita and make sure cma on the pc has been patched with opencma.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need to use the website.

format vita>login you psn account when it asks, put in plane mode and reboot the vita... then load cma on the vita and make sure cma on the pc has been patched with opencma.

Thats what I do... its patched... i load CMA on the vita... copy content... and it shows that its connected to the PC on the VITA....THEN i unplug the vita from the PC and it says that i disconnected from the PC..... i plug it into the PS3 and hit OK on the error... then im able to press PS3 and it connects me...i can see whats on my PS3 from the Vita

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i say on the website... i mean that when I see my activated devices... it only shows the PS3... not the vita....

Kie723

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright I managed to follow your guide to a particular point and got stuck.

I'm on 3.36 with an AUS PS Vita. So I downloaded Numblast to PS3, but when I connected my vita to the PS3 to transfer, it said I needed to update my Vita firmware.

Is this just completely unbypassable? Do I need to update to 3.50 now to get the game installed?

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I managed to follow your guide to a particular point and got stuck.

I'm on 3.36 with an AUS PS Vita. So I downloaded Numblast to PS3, but when I connected my vita to the PS3 to transfer, it said I needed to update my Vita firmware.

Is this just completely unbypassable? Do I need to update to 3.50 now to get the game installed?

use vita update blocker..

download it and open the exe

it will display an ip and port number..

go into the settings of your vita and find the wifi connection you use... go to advanced settings.

look down and it will say proxy... go from do not use to USE.....

put those numbers in there and back out...

see the PSN in your settings? press that...

it should show you your email and password... dont do anything yet... look at the pC and make sure it says you have spoofed firmware to 3.51.... put the vita in flight mode... or plane mode... whatever you call it..

now back out to the main vita screen.. plug the vita into the ps3... it should work now..

Kie723

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's okay, I just needed more explanation of which error screen I was looking for when opening CMA from the Vita.

This guide explained it well and I solved it.

Thanks anyway!

Kie723

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright sorry for double post, but I've got a new issue.

I copied over the exploit files, but I keep getting a C0-8501-4 error. This error disappears if I copy all files except the 660.PBP file, which leads me to believe there's some issue with large files.

The same issue happened when I tried TN-C: The exploit worked and TN-C loaded, but when I tried to add the large PSX eboots into the SAVEDATA folder, the same error popped up. So it seems to be a common theme.

D

Deleted-355425

Sorry to have to ask this: does this still work? I am looking into the PS Vita and don't know anything.

If you want epsp and ps1 emulation then you will need a vita on 3.18 or less and have access to a ps3 for 5 minutes.

If your vita is above 3.18 you can still run a few emulators but it's half of the stuff available on 3.18 and below. You can also upgrade to a higher firmware manually so anything under 3.18 can be brought up to 3.18 with any pc.

Reactions: tivu100

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VitaExploitChart.png
If you want epsp and ps1 emulation then you will need a vita on 3.18 or less and have access to a ps3 for 5 minutes.

If your vita is above 3.18 you can still run a few emulators but it's half of the stuff available on 3.18 and below. You can also upgrade to a higher firmware manually so anything under 3.18 can be brought up to 3.18 with any pc.
Okay. I saw a local Craigslist seller, he has 2.05 original PS Vita. Should I stay at 2.05 or update to 3.18? I heard people said 3.18 is ideal, but there is Fifa 12 exploit at firmware 3.01. This game is in <$5 sale bin the local Kmart. Does the exploit game digital only or can work with PS Vita physical game?

D

Deleted-355425

VitaExploitChart.png

Okay. I saw a local Craigslist seller, he has 2.05 original PS Vita. Should I stay at 2.05 or update to 3.18? I heard people said 3.18 is ideal, but there is Fifa 12 exploit at firmware 3.01. This game is in <$5 sale bin the local Kmart. Does the exploit game digital only or can work with PS Vita physical game?

I'm not sure about pyshical games but that's why I mention using a ps3, you can log into your ps3 and download the vita game needed, then hook up the vita to the ps3 and transfer It over.. This stops you having to be on the latest vita firmware and accessing the PS store to grab it. 3.18 is the best firmware to be on, grab an exploit game and one of the ps1 loader games, I'd advise to get sports super bike or what ever it's called over tekken 2, faster exploit trigger.

vashshadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you still able to use a pc to buy a hackable game and download it to the vita? im very new to hacking vitas and dont have a ps3 so i wanted to know it the pc way still worked.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
@mech thanks for the guide but I am having trouble (firmware 2.61). Can you help? If I press "start" on CMA on the Vita it tells me to update, and if I don't press "start", and take out the usb cord from my computer and take it to the PS3, I don't get any error screen, and then I get told to update after plugging it into the PS3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled CMA and run the bat file numerous times (Open CMA 5), restarted my PC and the Vita multiple times, but nothing works. I am tearing my hair out.

Edit: it worked, sort of, but hit another roadblock. The error message didn't go away when I plugged the Vita into the PS3, but when I tapped OK it said I wasn't signed in with my PS3. Well, I was, because the PSN store launches without asking me to log in. I tried signing out, but now I can't sign back in! It keeps saying wrong password or email. I have changed passwords like 5 times and can log in fine on the website on my PC. But my PS3 keeps saying wrong password. I have also tried turning on and off the PS3 and making sure that it is connected to the net. Also when I try "forgot password" on the PS3 it never sends me an email, but when trying "forgot password" on the website it sends an email in a minute or less. Does anybody have any ideas. I am beginning to really hate Playstation.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm not sure about pyshical games but that's why I mention using a ps3, you can log into your ps3 and download the vita game needed, then hook up the vita to the ps3 and transfer It over.. This stops you having to be on the latest vita firmware and accessing the PS store to grab it. 3.18 is the best firmware to be on, grab an exploit game and one of the ps1 loader games, I'd advise to get sports super bike or what ever it's called over tekken 2, faster exploit trigger.
I just bought a PSVita on 3.01. I would like to update it to 3.18 but zload server is down. Where can i find the files? I try deep googling still couldnt find it. its super hard.

D

Deleted-355425

@mech thanks for the guide but I am having trouble (firmware 2.61). Can you help? If I press "start" on CMA on the Vita it tells me to update, and if I don't press "start", and take out the usb cord from my computer and take it to the PS3, I don't get any error screen, and then I get told to update after plugging it into the PS3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled CMA and run the bat file numerous times (Open CMA 5), restarted my PC and the Vita multiple times, but nothing works. I am tearing my hair out.

Edit: it worked, sort of, but hit another roadblock. The error message didn't go away when I plugged the Vita into the PS3, but when I tapped OK it said I wasn't signed in with my PS3. Well, I was, because the PSN store launches without asking me to log in. I tried signing out, but now I can't sign back in! It keeps saying wrong password or email. I have changed passwords like 5 times and can log in fine on the website on my PC. But my PS3 keeps saying wrong password. I have also tried turning on and off the PS3 and making sure that it is connected to the net. Also when I try "forgot password" on the PS3 it never sends me an email, but when trying "forgot password" on the website it sends an email in a minute or less. Does anybody have any ideas. I am beginning to really hate Playstation.

before you do any transfers be sure to put it into plane mode and reboot the vita, then try.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just bought a PSVita on 3.01. I would like to update it to 3.18 but zload server is down. Where can i find the files? I try deep googling still couldnt find it. its super hard.

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=23013

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
there are 4 different ways to do it on that page, just scroll down a little.
thank you. Im trying to restore my vita back to default but everytime i try to restore it ask me to do an update. How can i restore without updating the firmware. I need to delete the previous owner PSN account

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters