Quick GBA Save Question

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Seastars, Jun 12, 2008.

Jun 12, 2008

Quick GBA Save Question by Seastars at 9:55 PM (2,642 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Seastars
    OP

Member Seastars Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hello All,

I am getting a bit confused. I have a M3DSreal with a GBA Expansion pack. I have the gba rom and the associated save game in *.sav (which works perfectly in Virtual Boy). How do I transfer the rom and save onto my M3 Real? Do i need to patch the rom, Does the save game have to be in a certain format?

Thanks In Advance

2. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    Try changing the file name extension to ".0"

In other words:

GameTitle.sav => GameTitle.0

I'm not 100% sure if that will work though, so backup your save file before you try it. If it works, great. If not, then at least you'll have the save file intact until someone comes along with a method that works.

3. KooLDiMe

Newcomer KooLDiMe Member

Indonesia
    if it didn't work, you can try converting that save file with M3G6 DS Real Save File Converter 1.0b. no need to patch the ROM, just transfer 2 converted save files into GBA folder

Download it here, under G6/DS Real

4. Seastars
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the help everyone but still having trouble getting it to recognise my save game. I put the save i converted to *.0 but the M3 doesn't see it. Do I need an *.is0 file as well? I assume they are to go in the same directory as the game with the same file name etc?

5. KooLDiMe

Newcomer KooLDiMe Member

Indonesia
    sorry if i made confusion, in my previous post i mentioned to transfer 2 files while in fact the converter only generated 1 file *.0. so you just need to copy *.0 to GBA folder, coz i think *.is0 is only for real-time save (whether or not you use this feature), and automatically created once you play the game

btw, what do you mean Virtual Boy? is it the same as VBA (VisualBoyAdvance)? coz today i converted my VBA save to *.0 and it run perfectly in GBA Pak

just a side note: sometimes after you play game, it just won't save. i mean when you continue, you only have your previous save data, not the newest one. i'd try to avoid this by using real-time save (even not all games compatible with this). so, be sure to check if it have saved your game perfectly or not. any advice for this problem?

6. Seastars
    OP

United Kingdom
    Okay this is quickly turning into the the "Not so Quick GBA Save Question". I am still having trouble, my save games (in *.sav format) work perfectly in VisualBoy (not Virtual Boy :-S) and I converted them to *.0 files using the official converter (that Kool linked to). My M3DS Real boots the game just fine but will not recognise that there is a save game there.

It's in the same directory as the rom, it has the same filename, i'm using the latest firmware. I just can't figure out why i can't get it to work, any help at all would be gratefully recieved.

Edit: Seems to be working now, not sure what I did different.

7. XSlicer

Newcomer XSlicer Member

Netherlands
    I have a little question regarding this.

Im using a M3 Real with the Sakura firmware.
    Now, as far as I know and see, Sakura saves my games as .sav. There is no .0 or anything else.
    (Besides the GBA saves being .sav, my DS saves, copied from my M3 Simply, are still .sav and I stared using Sakura and that uses .sav there too)

I have some older .dat saves from my M3 Perfect SD (also the slot2 device im using to run my GBA stuff) that I'd wish to copy for running it via the M3 Real..

So, is there any way of converting these files for use with Sakura?

Also, the Renamer Program crashes when I'm trying to rename them to .0

8. KooLDiMe

Newcomer KooLDiMe Member

Indonesia
    ^ im not sure, haven't use Sakura.. but there's *.dat converter for both NDS & GBA in DS Real Save File Converter i posted above, so you can try it out..

yeah, that happened to me once, before i replaced my old save (coz i thought it have corrupted).. it suddenly working fine again. maybe just a bug/change on the latest firmware..

9. XSlicer

Newcomer XSlicer Member

Netherlands
    That converter on linfoxdomain. It's actually named renamer itself.

10. KooLDiMe

Newcomer KooLDiMe Member

Indonesia
    i see.. ok then, give this site-based converter a shot: Savegames Converter
    that site supports many save files for different flashcart or even emulator [​IMG]

11. XSlicer

Newcomer XSlicer Member

Netherlands
    Thanks, perhaps Sakura supports any of these! [​IMG]

EDIT:
    The files aint changing at all :/
    I guess the site is DS saves only.. :

12. nuvandibe

Newcomer nuvandibe Newbie

United States
    Seems that some people are getting off topic. This is a question about how to play save files from Visualboy Advance on the M3 Real using the M3 Real GBA expansion pack.

I wish I knew the answer to it.