Hardware quick easy question guys, is pch-2016 a EU vita !?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Oops baka moi, i found out where to look for it, here is the link in case anyone will need.

http://www.vitadevwiki.com/index.php?title=SKU_Models

and regarding my feeling on this slim vita , is that i really find it way cheaper feeling in hand over the Fat one which i used to have.. :/

plus , i need to get used to the backlight dim on the bottom of the screen, my ocd kicks in there hard.

i mean ,you know the edges give backlight to the screen, and i can see some very thin lines of that , and it looks gradient blackish.

but it is not visible when there is a full picture on it, only visible on solid background is a solid green etc.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Maybe a bit late,but if you haven't bought the PS Vita already,i would encourage you to NOT buy EU PS Vita slim,because you said you have some kind of OCD,the AVLS in EU Vita slim will annoy you.
AVLS will lower the maximum volume of the Vita slim,it's only available in EU Vita slim.

Last edited by aos10,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Maybe a bit late,but if you haven't bought the PS Vita already,i would discourage you to NOT buy EU PS Vita slim,because you said you have some kind of OCD,the AVLS in EU Vita slim will annoy you.
AVLS will lower the maximum volume of the Vita slim,it's only available in EU Vita slim.

hot damn .. what do you mean by that? could you be more specific please? at maximum volume the sound will change ?? or what x_x (i didnt notice any weird things in sound so far..) now i will be paying more attention to it, i hope it wont bug me as you feared q__q

and yes i do have OCD, it is not extreme.
more like mild OCD.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
AVLS stands for Automatic Volume Limiter System. Basically, it will automatically lower your Vita's volume if you try and set it to max for an extended period of time. It can be disabled, however for EU region Vita's it will automatically turn itself back on every reboot and after a set time so it can't be permanently disabled.

The reason this is only for EU Vita's is because of a silly German law IIRC. JP and US Vita's don't have this issue, and because the Vita is region free you can just grab one of those instead

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
AVLS stands for Automatic Volume Limiter System. Basically, it will automatically lower your Vita's volume if you try and set it to max for an extended period of time. It can be disabled, however for EU region Vita's it will automatically turn itself back on every reboot and after a set time so it can't be permanently disabled.

The reason this is only for EU Vita's is because of a silly German law IIRC. JP and US Vita's don't have this issue, and because the Vita is region free you can just grab one of those instead

the thing is i already have the EU vita :/

it is from UK (a UK vita) i know this because i had to put "uk" in region on that xml file for the henkaku hax.

so is the UK one the same as the EU versions ? i assume yes.

so will that automatic lowering thing only do its thing when i maximize the volume yes ??
i never put the vita on max volume, so it wont do the auto lowering volume yes?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
To be perfectly honest, I'm not 100% sure if UK and EU Vita's are the same or not in regards to AVLS. You can always just turn AVLS off and see if it turns itself on, if it does than you know it'll happen.

when i tapped to turn it off it gave a message saying 'it will automatically turn itself back on after 20 h of audio playback' <

i tapped on the '?' on avls, it states something about headphones, i dont use headphones with it.

does this avls thingie really affect audio ? and if so, will it be only affecting it when i have the volume set to maximum yah?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
AVLS takes effect whether you have headphones or not.

When it's activated, you can't raise the volume passed 75% period. So if it activates after the 20 hours and your volume is set above 75%, it will automatically lower it.

many thanks, i understand now !

i actually just thought that it would dim the sound like (the auto dimming on tv's XDDD) im such an idiot haha.

anyway, i am sure there will be some tweak/hax for this avls option to be turned off permanently sometime in the future ! so no biggie for now, and thanks for the info everyone.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
when i tapped to turn it off it gave a message saying 'it will automatically turn itself back on after 20 h of audio playback' <

i tapped on the '?' on avls, it states something about headphones, i dont use headphones with it.

does this avls thingie really affect audio ? and if so, will it be only affecting it when i have the volume set to maximum yah?
Yah,your Vita is for sure is EU Vita,even with had we can't edit or disable it,some says it's hardware issue.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Yah,your Vita is for sure is EU Vita,even with had we can't edit or disable it,some says it's hardware issue.

i am really okay with it as long as it does not use any kind of 'auto volume' thing, like lowering the volume without my consent, like the smart options in TV's where it auto dims your brightness or sound if you tell it to do so. (in some cases it is auto and you cant disable it) i hope this is not the case with the vita with sound.

as long as it does not do any changes in volume level, i dont mind having it at 70%.

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
If you are running Henkaku, there may be a patch somewhere that removes this AVLS limitation. (Or if you dont mind, you can always disable it temporary in the settings menu) until next reboot or 20 hours of play..

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
If you are running Henkaku, there may be a patch somewhere that removes this AVLS limitation. (Or if you dont mind, you can always disable it temporary in the settings menu) until next reboot or 20 hours of play..

there is no such patch out yet, but i am hopeful for that to come in the end ! c:

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I didn't know that there was such a difference with sound on different region ps vitas. I'll check my own since I'm pretty sure its EU. Does is matter if its 1000 or 2000? I have two and I'm pretty sure that my 2000 is U.S, but my 1000 is EU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol