Hacking Quick DLC question

thesund0g

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is DLC usually hosted on the NUS servers or on a third-party server? If it's on NUS, can we pull it with NUSD? I understand without the ticket it's useless, just curious if the content is available for reinstall. I don't have a lot of NAND free and haven't got DJ Hero & RB2 working on UNEEK. My wifi doesn't work reliably, so I'd rather do an offline install.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much all DLC goes through NUS. You can indeed pull several files using NUSD, since the DLC has a title TMD listing its contents, but as you've said, it's not any use to you since you don't have the ticket and, more importantly, it has not yet been decrypted and keyed to your Wii. DLC contents also tend to include some extra files that can't be obtained via NUSD without extensive fiddling with settings.

So, you can grab the files and stare at their encrypted contents, and that's about it.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
Is DLC usually hosted on the NUS servers or on a third-party server? If it's on NUS, can we pull it with NUSD? I understand without the ticket it's useless, just curious if the content is available for reinstall. I don't have a lot of NAND free and haven't got DJ Hero & RB2 working on UNEEK. My wifi doesn't work reliably, so I'd rather do an offline install.

I'm confused by what you are trying to do;
It appears that you have a lot of DLC content you have purchased but you dont have room to store it all on your NAND and your wifi isn't reliable enough to re download it directly to the Wii. Why not just use several different SD cards?

thesund0g

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RB2 doesn't care for my SDHC cards for some reason, and I don't care to buy more just for that one game. I want to download the content on my PC, throw my ticket from my Wii on there, pack it and install at my leisure. Maybe I lack a fundamental understanding of this; I avoided all music games until DJ Hero came out, then I broke down and bought a used drum set and copy of RB2 for like $35.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
RB2 doesn't care for my SDHC cards for some reason, and I don't care to buy more just for that one game.
if i had to take a guess, its because rb2 doesnt support sdhc cards.

just a shot in the dark, however.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rock Band 2 doesn't support SDHC cards, only SD cards (typically 2GB or less, although some companies make 4GB SD cards).

I could also tell you that pirates have made a set of PC tools for downloading DLC on your computer, but I assumed that was common knowledge. Google it if you're into that kind of thing.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well RB2 only works with SD (2GB max (tho there is talk of a rare 4GB non SDHC working)) so that could be the problem.
I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but from my thinking the best way to go about this would be to:
1. Buy a cheap 2GB SD card (hell I think they can be had for less than $5.
2. Load up RB2 copy all the DLC you want and store it on the SD card (I assume you dont have a need for more than 2GB per game.
3. Stick the SD card in your computer and save the contents to \RB2 DLC\ or the like, format SD card.
4. Repeat 2 and 3 for DJH

Now you can take the card and just copy the files for whatever game you want when you swap back and forth and you wont have to spend time downloading the DLC to your computer, well worth $5 IMHO.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
Babies have been born in less time than RB2 takes to load under UNEEK
I know misquoting is immature but it's so much fun.

We're in beta and the program works beautifully. Once Aaron gets back from vacation and a few more bugs get squashed you impatient lot might get to try it.

thesund0g

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for some more feedback guys. Like I said, I avoided all the music games and any threads pertaining to them for quite some time because they just didn't appeal to me, so I'm completely in the dark about this RawkSD stuff, etc.

OK, getting off-topic, but can anyone point me to a good entry-level guide for getting the games (not DJH, the others) to work on USB loaders/UNEEK? I didn't have much luck, got frustrated and gave up for the time being. I couldn't even get a burned backup I made of RB2 to work, only my original, which surprised me. I have a cIOS for just about every base available installed, what bases will work?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest either cIOS rev20 since it gives you a selection of bases and slots. You will need either one based off IOS 37 or 56 (37 was the popular option for USB instrument games since that is what the earlier ones used, but it has been discussed a few times that 56 offers almost identical compatibility and increased speed) and just install it to the slot you want (preferably slot 250 or 249) and then make sure you USB loader is specified to use that IOS slot (250 or 249) for the music game.

My setup is has follows:

cIOS rev 20 base 56 installed in slot 249, I use Wiiflow 2.1 (249 version) and every game I have loads with default settings, including RB2, B:RB, GH5, BH, DSI:PH and my RB2 instruments and DLC on SD card work with all flawlessly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt