Quick couple of questions on SD media

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by 1ronlung, Dec 22, 2011.

Dec 22, 2011
  1. 1ronlung
    OP

Member 1ronlung GBAtemp Regular

United States
    A couple of questions you should be able to answer in one sentence or less ;)

1) What's the maximum size SD card a lite/dsi/3ds can read with the latest acekard firmware ? I thought I'd read somewhere it was 32Gig, but companies only seem to package a max of 16 Gig ...

2) What's the min read speed of an SD card necessary for a 2i and for a 3ds ? I'm guessing generic SDHC cards running at 2x will prolly suit the 2i okay, but is a higher speed recommended for the 3ds ?

Answers appreciated,

ironlung

2. frogboy

Member frogboy lacking both style and grace

United States
    1) You can use any size.

2) Any speed that works on the DS will work on the 3DS just fine. Generic SDHC should work perfectly.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    1 - 32GB, most people go with just 16GB though due to price.

2 - The class is the write speed, but it's read speed that matters for flash carts... though a higher class usually means a better-built product, so most people say to go with a class-4 or class-6 to eb safe.

4. iTStorm

Newcomer iTStorm Member

India
    To be honest, you have to watch out for the company as well. I recommend Sandisk, although Transcend is good too (I've had experiences with both of them; My phone uses a 4GB Sandisk MicroSDHC Class 4, and my Acekard 2i uses a Transcend 8GB Class 2 MicroSDHC)

I don't think class really matters IMO.