Hacking Quick burnering question(Easy to answer) yes i searched.

spawn844

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I know backups play at 3x speed from the backup loader. and not 6x from the disc channel, However....Does the speeds of burning have some effect of the videos? I use img burn. use 4x speed to burn for all my copys. All the games work fine. Cept for some videos. if i used 3x or 2x would this fix this issue? Or would cioscorp with the 6x speed fix this all together?
Thanks for any help. Ps yes i used Google. If you ask me to search something could you at least me tell me what i should be looking for? in a 4 to 5 word sentance
thanks in advance

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt the burn speed messes with anything. As a general rule people burn slower since there's less chance of burning errors but i burn at X16 and over with no problems. The choppy videos on backups are almost ALWAYS due to the backups only being read at X3. Wario Land the shake dimension is a good example of this.

D

Deleted User

You're getting the wrong terminology.

Let say I write at a million word per second, and you read it. Your reading speed will depend on how fast you read, not on how fast I type. Same goes to the Wii.

Also, Wii reads backups on 3x, regardless from where they are read from. Although, originals read at 6x.

No need to change your burning speed (Unless, you are trying to find out which speed is best for you).

Some videos will be jerky on 3x.

Either live with that, or get a chip

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the 3X reading speed is determined by the drive chip (controller of the disc reading), so when you insert a DVD the chip reads "DVD", so it decide to read it at 3X, when the chip reads "WOD", it decide to read at 6X, when the chip has a ModChip Installed, there is no DVD or WOD format, it'll only read the data without asking DVD or WOD...!!
smile.gif

spawn844

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see...Last question cioscorp, the running of backups from the disc channel. will this allow me to play backups at 6x?

D

Deleted User

afif95 said:
You're getting the wrong terminology.

Let say I write at a million word per second, and you read it. Your reading speed will depend on how fast you read, not on how fast I type. Same goes to the Wii.

Also, Wii reads backups on 3x, regardless from where they are read from. Although, originals read at 6x.

No need to change your burning speed (Unless, you are trying to find out which speed is best for you).

Some videos will be jerky on 3x.

Either live with that, or get a chip

Have you read what I said???

spawn844

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No however i read what Golfman said.

Golfman560 said:
No, softmods (Like CIOSCorp) will always play at 3x. Modchips are the only thin that will play backups at 6x.

kk, lock this thread up. Thanks for all those who helped

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the IOS and cIOS in this case are installed in the NAND, far far far far away..........from the drive chip (controller of then disc reading) and via software without opening the console, there is absolutely no way to make the DVD's be read at 6X....!!
smile.gif

spawn844

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Ether2802 as always you give good and understandable answers. And not, like some people i know SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH lol

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spawn844 said:
Thanks Ether2802 as always you give good and understandable answers. And not, like some people i know SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH lol
That's because most of the time people ask simple questions that are VERY easy to find by searching.
Your question was complex (and good), and I doubt you'd find it very easily by searching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely...