Quick Banning Q!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by jaxxster, Dec 17, 2008.

Dec 17, 2008

Quick Banning Q! by jaxxster at 10:33 PM (852 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. jaxxster
    OP

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    So i brought a new 360 today as my old one got banned recently. if i was too put my old hard drive in it with my gamertag and save data on would i get banned again?

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
  3. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
  4. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    no because they ban the console not your id, and microsoft cant tell if you have modifited firmware in it. You get flagged for playing games that are steatlh correctly. So your good [​IMG]

5. jaxxster
    OP

United Kingdom
    well i keep getting a Y: 00C2 - 03C0 error code when trying to connect to live. Brought it 2nd hand. Its not banned just from what ive read it seems like an eeprom error or something!?

6. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    00C2 (Almost Definitely) FINAL INFO:
    By Cutriss

It is my guess (and much of the user-posted evidence supports this) that when people are using ConfigMagic to lock their HDs, they are either doing so incorrectly, or there may be an underlying problem in ConfigMagic.

If your Xbox is banned and you successfully connect to Live, you will always get a message saying that your connection is dropped because of modified hardware or software.

If you simply get the message "Xbox Live not found", then check your XYZ settings. Specifically, we're looking at row Y, the third and fourth characters. If these say "C1", "C2", "C3", or "8A" (NOT A8!), then you have a hardware mismatch problem with your EEPROM. Typically, you'll also see "AFFF" or "0000" in the first half of Z as well. This most frequently arises from people modifying their EEPROM settings so that they can play PAL software on an NTSC Xbox, or vice versa.

harrytasker points out that using the Enigmah PAL-NTSC switcher can possibly restore this:

I had same problem but i FIXED it like this:
    I ran my avalaunch and looked at my Hardware settings.
    It said i had PAL-1 or PAL-I whatever and behind it said: WEIRD
    So i thought let's use the Enigmah PAL-NTSC switcher, so i did and select PAL, rebooted again and checked hardware again. The WEIRD word was gone so i turned off modchip, rebooted and voila i was able to connect again to the XBOX live. Dont know what went wrong but its working again

If this fails, the best way to fix this problem is to backup everything on your HD and start the HD locking/prepping procedure all over again, using your old EvoX backups (YOU DO HAVE THESE, RIGHT?), and ATAPWD/HDDUNLOCK/LiveInfo. Don't forget to copy your Live account to a memory card. Once you've completed this procedure, copy your Live account back, and try to connect to Live. You should connect successfully.

You do *not* need to replace your EEPROM because of a C1/C2/C3/8A error.

And the moral of the story? Quit mucking around with your region settings.

---
    Thanks Google.

7. jaxxster
    OP

United Kingdom
    that refers to xbox1 so isnt too much help.