Hacking Quick and Stupid Question

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the stupidity, but my Wii bricked the day before BootMii came out, and I had to send it in.

So how does BootMii work? Does it start up everytime your Wii starts? Do you have to hold reset like Preloader? Is there an option to autoboot the system menu?

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
G2K said:
Sorry for the stupidity, but my Wii bricked the day before BootMii came out, and I had to send it in.

So how does BootMii work? If you are unlucky you'll have a boot2 which can't be "touched" and will have to install it as an IOS and boot it form the HBC (About as good protection as Preloader) or you can install it as boot2 and it will load up on startup with ultimate protection Does it start up everytime your Wii starts? No, it won't start if you haven't got your SD card in your WiiDo you have to hold reset like Preloader? No Is there an option to autoboot the system menu?Yes

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:

So how does BootMii work? Does it start up everytime your Wii starts? Do you have to hold reset like Preloader? Is there an option to autoboot the system menu?

Depends on your Wii.
On your Wii you have boot 1 and boot 2
If you have an older model there was a vulnerability in boot 2which enables would enable you to install Bootmii to it.
You can also backup your NAND, Then if you were to have a full brick you could use boot 2 which would have bootmii on any fully recover boot 1 assuming you had backed it up to SD before. All newer wiis don't have this vulnerability as it was fixed.
But you can still install Bootmii as an IOS and backup your NAND or boot the recovey or HB. But would not be 100% brickfree as you would still need boot1 working.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:
So if your Wii is bricked and can't use boot1, but you have BootMii installed on boot2, how do you start it up?

Bootmii can be set to boot first then you just select either Wii system startup or HB if OK or go to the boot1 NAND restore options and restore or backit up to SD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn