{Quetion] The usage of HANS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Suicuark, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Suicuark
    OP

Suicuark GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2015
    Macau
    So i haven't been in the site for months,i've just discovered the new hax 2.5 and i wan't to ask a few quetion:what's HANS for? Do HANS allow only playing games we already have or it have more features?
    I saw people talking about CIA's in the HANS game compatybilty thread anyone to explain me?
    Please try responding my question it would be so grateful :)

PS:I haven't found any guides excepted the hackrom guide,it's that reason why i'm asking right now.

Last edited by Suicuark, Nov 5, 2015
  2. olshrimpeyes

olshrimpeyes Your question is bad and you should feel bad

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    GNU/Somewhere
    Hans basically allows for game mods, and spoofing of things like region, language, and firmware version. It only works with games you own.

3. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    Hans is basically a game launcher with some (awesome) features. At the moment (maybe someone will RE it and make something interesting, who knows) you can "only" :
    -Spoof your console's region
    -Spoof your console's language
    -Change the CPU clock on N3DS (to make 3DS games less laggy or N3DS exclusives unplayable)
    -Load files that allows romhacks.
    -Bypass the Home Menu checks, allowing you to play demos an unlimited number of times.

That's "all", but it's already pretty amazing!

4. Seiji Tanaka

Seiji Tanaka Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2015
    Hi. Maybe this can help you.
    http://gbatemp.net/questions/what-is-hans-on-the-3ds.2590/#answer-8175

5. Suicuark
    OP

Suicuark GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2015
    Macau
    okay thanks for your fast answers!

6. fabrizo13579

fabrizo13579 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2017
    India
    But how can we play demos the number of times we want using hans?

And if i install out of region legit cia how can i open it in my region using hand?

7. Wander's Hat

Wander's Hat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    Necrobump. Shit.

Just choose the game when the homebrew loader tells you to. Since demo & region checks are only done on the Home Menu, you can run demos as many times as you want, and run out-of-region games via HANS.
    HANS is meant to run out-of-region games - choose HANS in the Homebrew Loader, choose the target game, and you should get a bunch of settings. Choose the appropriate settings and it should work.

ROM hacks depends on the game & region - ROMs already assigned to your region work best. I've had trouble getting ROM hacks for US games to run on my UK N3DS. HANS goes black screen, NTR throws up an error stating the console needs to restart.

Last edited by Wander's Hat, Mar 20, 2017
  8. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Las Vegas
    please do not bump very old threads like this, just make a new thread instead.
    As for your question though, its completely safe to say that you have access to homebrew. If you want to reset the number of times you run your downloaded demos go check out 3DeMore, its a homebrew tool that resets all the times used for your 3DS demos. If you aren't running a CFW then go use the .3dsx version and do it there. Keep using that so you can access your demos infinitely.