[Questions - Theory] System transfer O3ds 9.7 to N3ds 9.0 , possible?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by earny, May 10, 2015.

1. earny
    OP

earny GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    France
    hi there

my goal is to transfer my O3ds 9.7 into my New 3ds 9.0

here is what i own:

- 1 blue O3ds 9.7 with stuff bought from e shop
    - 1 pink O3ds 4.5 with 9.2 emunand
    - 1 white N3DS 9.0

it seems that i cant directly transfer to N3ds 9.0 (http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-s...eshop-and-more-on-new-3ds-and-old-3ds.386591/)

I had several ideas but don't know if it's possible:

1st theory

1°) transfer blue 03ds 9.7 to pink 9.7 emunand

2°) downgrade emunand to 9.2 using spoof cia with 3DNUS

3°) flash this downgrade emu to sysnand <---- not sure if this works or bricks the 3ds

4°) then system transfer using spoof fw

2nd theory

1°) transfer blue 03ds 9.7 to pink 9.7 emunand

2°) import all user settings from this 9.7 emunand to my previous 9.2 backup <---dont know if RXtools can do all of that, except the ticket.db i don't know the use of the others files we can mess with (moveable.sed etc...)

3°) flash this transform 9.2 nand to sysnand

4°) then system transfer using spoof fw

so if you guys could teach me on the obscure parts I don't really know

2. Criminal90

Criminal90 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2007
    Italy
    I'm in your same situation.
    On rx emunand the spider browser exploit works and maybe it's possible to skip the flash emunand to sysnand, but I'm stuck on 9.7 rx emunad and I doesn't know how to downgrade

3. Amadren

Amadren SOMEBODY ONCE

Dec 21, 2014
    France
    Paris, France
    You can also wait for a 9.7 emunand on N3DS and transfer from your O3DS 9.7 to your N3DS Emunand 9.7

4. Criminal90

Criminal90 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2007
    Italy
    If maybe come out but more important I want all my stuff on sysnand because I can use NTR CFW

5. CreativeMan

CreativeMan GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2009
    Mongolia
    Give a try at downgrading your 9.7 RX EmuNAND before doing the system transfer, backup with EmuNANDTool, and use FBI to remove and install each CIA files from the 9.0 or 9.2 update (you can find the list @3DBrew, and I even think there are already packaged zip on "That Other Site"...), be sure the test if web browser is exploitable ! That downgrade operation work with Gateway's EmuNAND 9.5 to prior version so it should be OK.
    If it worked, restore 9.7 RX EmuNAND, do the System Transfer between the O3DS, then downgrade the RX EmuNAND to 9.0 or 9.2, run browser exploit to spoof latest version on O3DS EmuNAND, boot NTR 2.2 debugger on 9.0 N3DS and send the magic command, initiate a System Transfer and it will be good ;)