Questions Regarding Updating System Menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kidgrave, Dec 5, 2010.

Dec 5, 2010
  1. Kidgrave
    OP

Newcomer Kidgrave Newbie

Australia
    Ive had my wii for along time. I received it about 1 month after release. However i barely use it lately as games are extremely expensive. However for the past few months ive been reading up on softmodding wii's, mostly reading through the CompleteSoftmodGuide i found here on gbatemp. Im currently running system menu 3.3E (i live in australia, if it matters) and finally worked up the courage to start the softmodding process. Since my wii is fairly old i got BootMii in the boot2 slot and made a NANDbackup as suggested along with the homebrew channel. I installed NOTHING else sept those 2 things. Later on while skimming again i found the table with suggesting system menu's and found out using 3.3E isnt advisable (My mistake).
    Now my question is since i dont have any cIOS's installed can i update normally without hassle or is there some special procedure i need to follow?
    I have searched both google the guide and gbatemp. Though I apologize if there is a topic like this.
    If anyone can please give me advice on this matter or guide me in the way to some form of information that can id very much appreciate it.

(I also apologize if this is in the wrong section, this 1 seemed to fit the question best)

Regards, Kidgrave

2. ankc

Member ankc GBAtemp Regular

Mauritius
    update using modmii...go to 4.1(recommended)...its easy and fast...

3. Kidgrave
    OP

Newcomer Kidgrave Newbie

Australia
    Thanks very much. Ill try it out.