Hacking Questions regarding the EZ Flash IV

Varnius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there everyone, I'm new to this forum so please bare with me. :)

I want to be able to backup my DS retail carts into roms and saves that I can put on my computer. Now, I know most of you are thinking that I should just use the WiFi version of the NDS Backup Tool, but I'd prefer to just be able to do it offline--hence why I want to get the EZ Flash IV.

People on the chatroom have given me advice on what to get alongside with it, and I just wanted to see what the general consensus was in regards to what I'm planning on purchasing to achieve my goal (backing up roms and saves).

• EZ Flash IV.
  • 2GB miniSD card with a miniSD to SD adapter.
So, given the hardware listed above, would I be able backup my retail carts?
Note: I use an R4DS with Wood R4 V1.62 kernel.

Varnius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply. My only concern about getting the 3in1 is the lifetime. What do I do once the battery dies on it? Can I still do backups? I don't really have an interest in using it to play GBA games.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The battery last as long as the one in your EZ-Flash IV, 3 to 5 years.

You can replace the battery by soldering a new one on or you can use the tape method.

If you can solder, see the Maintainence section in the guide here: click here
If you can't solder, see the tape method here: click here

Or you can buy another 3in1 in 3 to 5 years, if they are still around.

Varnius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard that you can still do backups and restores even when the battery is dead. Is that true? Those guides might be a bit too complicated to me, so perhaps an alternative device would be better. If that's the case, which one would you recommend?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It uses the 3in1 NOR to store the dump of the game but the settings are stored in the SRAM, you still need the battery to be working.

When your getting the 3in1, you are going to be only getting 1 version of the 3in1. The EZ5C11, the last known version available. All other versions can be had from another person in the trading section here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1