Hacking Questions regarding eshop purchased games/NNID and Emunand (with Ultra 3.0 and 9.2)

RenegadeKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

Until now I have been playing with my 2DS (Firmware 9.2). I created a NNID and made a lot of purchases on the eshop.

I would like to be able to play my current games and saves and at the same time be able to enjoy my Gateway and emunand.
I heard that creating and formatting the emunand will erase all the data.

So my questions are:

a) What are actually my options? What are the best options ?

b) I have another big SD card. Could I use the current one to play legit games and use another big SD card to enjoy the emunand? It seems to be the easiest and most convenient way, without messing up my games previously purchased.

I really don't want to lose my games and saves, neither my NNID.

Thank you, and I think this thread could be useful for others who are in the same situation too.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
This question has been asked many times already and there are a couple of threads already open, including there being a section in the stickied FAQ by me that covers this.

All you need to do is copy all of the data from your SD card to your PC, and then do the "Format emuNAND" from the Gateway Launcher menu. All of the data from the SD card will then be deleted, however now when you go to launch Gateway mode you will now be in emuNAND. You just now need to put your SD card back into your PC (it will now be called GATEWAYNAND) and go to the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, where there should be another folder of the same name. Paste your backup inside this secondmost folder, and now when you re-launch emuNAND, you should see all of your games from sysNAND available to play.

EDIT: When copying your data back, inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder if there is not another "Nintendo 3DS" folder, just paste your backup into this folder instead (just inside the one that is already there).

Reactions: RenegadeKid

RenegadeKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This question has been asked many times already and there are a couple of threads already open, including there being a section in the stickied FAQ by me that covers this.

All you need to do is copy all of the data from your SD card to your PC, and then do the "Format emuNAND" from the Gateway Launcher menu. All of the data from the SD card will then be deleted, however now when you go to launch Gateway mode you will now be in emuNAND. You just now need to put your SD card back into your PC (it will now be called GATEWAYNAND) and go to the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, where there should be another folder of the same name. Paste your backup inside this secondmost folder, and now when you re-launch emuNAND, you should see all of your games from sysNAND available to play.

EDIT: When copying your data back, inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder if there is not another "Nintendo 3DS" folder, just paste your backup into this folder instead (just inside the one that is already there).

Hello and thank you for your answer.

Sorry I didn't know it has been asked many times.

a) When you say "copy all the data from your SD to your PC", it's just a simple copy and paste, no software is needed like win32 diskwriter, right?

b) Well, what do you think is better?
-Use one big SD card and create the emunand on it.
-Or use another big SD card to install the emunand on it.

c) The games previously purchased will be only playable on the systnand or are they also playable when you launch the emunand?

Thank you !

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello and thank you for your answer.

Sorry I didn't know it has been asked many times.

a) When you say "copy all the data from your SD to your PC", it's just a simple copy and paste, no software is needed like win32 diskwriter, right?

b) Well, what do you think is better?
-Use one big SD card and create the emunand on it.
-Or use another big SD card to install the emunand on it.

c) The games previously purchased will be only playable on the systnand or are they also playable when you launch the emunand?

Thank you !

A) Yes, you don't need to use that tool - just copy and paste everything.

B) I would use 1 SD card, seeing as when I use emuNAND I never use the sysNAND, so I find it would be a bit of a waste.

C) emuNAND is a copy of the sysNAND in its current state. When you copy your backup over, they should all appear on the Home menu as they were before. If you go back to sysNAND for whatever reason, they will also be there (unless you need to format the sysNAND later down the line, as some users do).

On emuNAND, you will be able to re-download anything you need from the eShop as well, should you need to.

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried above but nothing is showing up on emunand. I backed up my SD card before formatting emunand and sysnand,

on my sd card right now, i have the nintendo 3ds folder and inside that i have the folder for sysnand and the folder for emunand

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm running into the same issue here. I have copied the folder back over, but none of my stuff is showing up when I go into emunand, except dsi games, and they don't even work when I run them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1