Hacking Questions Regarding Acekard 2i Updates and DSi Firmware (and Pokemon)

kidcryptid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I haven't booted up my DSi in a long time, but my friend is wanting to play Pokemon Black & White 2. Right now my DSi is on 1.4U. So I have a couple questions:

1) On the download page of the Acekard site, it mentions it has a firmware update for the DSi 1.4.4. How do I update my system from 1.4 to 1.4.4 if the latest out there is 1.4.5? Like, how do I choose for my DSi only to update to 1.4.4?

2) Does that firmware work on the DSi 1.4.5?

3) It looks like AKAIO 1.9.0 is the latest. I'm assuming this plays Pokemon B&W 2 fine?

4) Do I need to even do any updating to play B&W or should it work on my 1.4U DSi?

Any assistance would be great. Thanks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) On the download page of the Acekard site, it mentions it has a firmware update for the DSi 1.4.4. How do I update my system from 1.4 to 1.4.4 if the latest out there is 1.4.5? Like, how do I choose for my DSi only to update to 1.4.4?

You can't. You only have two options: The firmware you're on or the latest firmware.

2) Does that firmware work on the DSi 1.4.5?

No, it only works on 1.4.4 and anything below that. Since 1.4.0 and 1.4.5 are your only options, you need to stay on 1.4.0 in order for your Acekard to continue working.

3) It looks like AKAIO 1.9.0 is the latest. I'm assuming this plays Pokemon B&W 2 fine?
AKAIO 1.9.0 plays Pokemon BW2 just fine with the latest loaders.

4) Do I need to even do any updating to play B&W or should it work on my 1.4U DSi?
It will work fine on 1.4. Don't update your DSi.

bjelsmore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't. You only have two options: The firmware you're on or the latest firmware.

No, it only works on 1.4.4 and anything below that. Since 1.4.0 and 1.4.5 are your only options, you need to stay on 1.4.0 in order for your Acekard to continue working.

AKAIO 1.9.0 plays Pokemon BW2 just fine with the latest loaders.

It will work fine on 1.4. Don't update your DSi.

Thank you Lacius! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. My sons DSi is at 1.4.3U and I could not for the life of me figure out why I could not get the 1.4.4 firmware update to work! But all he wanted was to play the new Pokemons so AKAIO 1.9.0 and the latest loaders did the trick!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended