Homebrew Questions regarding 11.6.0.39U, CFW, and streaming

KentaZX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've been looking at the 3DS hacking site for N3DSXL, and its saids for ALL versions, there a hack called "ntrboot" which uses flashcarts like Acekard 2i, and an old NDS, which I both have, and I've heard its possible to stream 3DS games, which is my only reason I considered hacking my system.

Now my question is, will the ntrboot hack work on 11.6.0.39U? And is it possible to still get banned if I ONLY use the streaming app, and not use any pirated games and such? Which Means I can't go online to the Eshop or any pokemon games/bank at all if I hack it?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The ntrboot method works will any and all FW versions. You don't risk bans unless you cheat in a big way online or you play leaked games before release and generally those kinds of things. You won't get banned just for having CFW! If you install CFW, you don't lose anything, you can still use eshop and everything you have already been using so far without any problems, only difference is that you have access to a TON other cool things! For instructions about how to install CFW using ntrboot, check this page: https://3ds.guide/get-started-(new-3ds)

KentaZX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One more question regarding bans. If someone got banned, do they JUST ban the 3DS itself (console ban), or will they ban your eshop account and my nintendo account and all your digital purchases are lost? Because I've heard how people unban themselves using the 3DS transfer option.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They ban the 3ds and all His online functionality but sometime People have access to the Eshop.
There are a few different bans that you could get. normal bans restrict usage of any online features of games and friends list. There are others that hyper ban the console which leaves the entire NNID of the console useless. Which means anything that needs NNID to work will no longer.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
One more question regarding bans. If someone got banned, do they JUST ban the 3DS itself (console ban), or will they ban your eshop account and my nintendo account and all your digital purchases are lost? Because I've heard how people unban themselves using the 3DS transfer option.
Depends on what you do. Bans for cheating online are game specific most of the time for example, while bans for playing leaked games are MAC bans (meaning full console bans). There are also friend list seed bans, which are the mos common and you can unban yourself within seconds. Don't worry about bans, unless you do any of the things I said in an obvious way, you have nothing to worry about!

You can't stream on an old 3DS, only new.
They also mention N3DSXL, so perhaps they got both... Would help to know for sure though:P But yeah, only N3DS can stream, although O3DS can stream to a small extend using HzMod, but that's been discontinued and retired.

There are a few different bans that you could get. normal bans restrict usage of any online features of games and friends list. There are others that hyper ban the console which leaves the entire NNID of the console useless. Which means anything that needs NNID to work will no longer.
Hyper bans aren't NNID bans, they are permanent MAC bans, meaning any internet functionality besides the browser is blocked. NNID bans are temporary eshop bans and they aren't hyper bans.

GilgameshArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Depends on what you do. Bans for cheating online are game specific most of the time for example, while bans for playing leaked games are MAC bans (meaning full console bans). There are also friend list seed bans, which are the mos common and you can unban yourself within seconds. Don't worry about bans, unless you do any of the things I said in an obvious way, you have nothing to worry about!

They also mention N3DSXL, so perhaps they got both... Would help to know for sure though:P But yeah, only N3DS can stream, although O3DS can stream to a small extend using HzMod, but that's been discontinued and retired.

Hyper bans aren't NNID bans, they are permanent MAC bans, meaning any internet functionality besides the browser is blocked. NNID bans are temporary eshop bans and they aren't hyper bans.
Actually it is not a MAC ban, but a console ID ban that renders the NNID linked blocked for use it, cause in Ñ servers it's still linked.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Actually it is not a MAC ban, but a console ID ban that renders the NNID linked blocked for use it, cause in Ñ servers it's still linked.
Hyper ban IS a MAC ban. If it was just NNID, then you could get unbanned by unlinking the NNID. Reason the ban for the Sun/Moon leaks was so bad for example was because it was a MAC ban, so people either had to give up on their consoles or replace the MAC info, which means you basically move the ban to a different system. People would buy new systems just to unban themselves and then return them, causing a huge problem for stores like GameStop. MAC can't change without modding the chip directly, reason why the people banned in the whole Sun/Moon banwave couldn't unban themselves even by formatting their system.

GilgameshArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hyper ban IS a MAC ban. If it was just NNID, then you could get unbanned by unlinking the NNID. Reason the ban for the Sun/Moon leaks was so bad for example was because it was a MAC ban, so people either had to give up on their consoles or replace the MAC info, which means you basically move the ban to a different system. People would buy new systems just to unban themselves and then return them, causing a huge problem for stores like GameStop. MAC can't change without modding the chip directly, reason why the people banned in the whole Sun/Moon banwave couldn't unban themselves even by formatting their system.
It's a console ID ban.
U only can't unlink because it's linked in Ñ servers side too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

U should read and see that is not the MAC but the ID
https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-regarding-the-recent-3ds-banwave.471781/

Last edited by GilgameshArcher,

KentaZX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a console ID ban.
U only can't unlink because it's linked in Ñ servers side too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

U should read and see that is not the MAC but the ID
https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-regarding-the-recent-3ds-banwave.471781/

Okay now that you brought all this up, I'm a little concern now...but I'm gonna end up beating a dead horse of this question again due to finding out how apparently hardware capture card services like katsukitty is not really reliable enough and too expensive, especially paying extra money to ship from Canada, and some that are not really in business. That makes it lead me back to softmodding my New3DSXL as the only way.

Now you say its a "CONSOLE ID" ban as opposed to being "MAC" ban as ThoD replied to you earlier. ALSO, Ive read in the link's OP that saids

"So pretty much the bottom line is, if anyone has been using custom apps and/or titles not installed through Nintendo eShop while online in the past, guess what? You're screwed! And it is only a matter of time before your console's unique hexadecimal ID in the LocalFriendCodeSeedB is banned from Nintendo's online gaming server. This will mean, your console can't access the Friend List or play any online functions in games."

that sounds like bans are unpreventable. I said it in my OP, but to be more clear:

I would use the softmod ONLY for Streaming purposes, and playing physical (LEGALLY purchased) region locked games. I will NOT be using cheats at all, I will NOT be pirating since I collect video games, and I DO NOT CARE for friends list or online gameplay except MAYBE for pokemon if possible. I bring this up because ThoD said earlier there are specific bans (online game ban, friendlist banned)

now to really confirm, DESPITE all that, do you think I still could get banned? Will that SCREW me over of losing access to eShop, LOSE ALL of my digital purchases, lose access to PokeBank AND have my account banned on mynintendo, making it banned on my Switch and Wii U as well? If I don't lose my purchases, and I can still go on pokebank and poketransfer, then I don't care about anything else banwise.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You DO realize what you linked is completely irrelevant to hyper bans or the Sun/Moon leak bans, right? There are MANY types of bans and the page you linked does indeed talk about the NNID bans, but those aren't hyper bans. After all, what's "hyper" about something that only prevents you from doing 2-3 things on your system? MAC bans prevent everything that involves connecting online besides the browser, thus the "hyper" ban. There are friend seed bans, NNID bans, system ID bans, MAC bans, in-game server-side bans and so on.

Okay now that you brought all this up, I'm a little concern now...but I'm gonna end up beating a dead horse of this question again due to finding out how apparently hardware capture card services like katsukitty is not really reliable enough and too expensive, especially paying extra money to ship from Canada, and some that are not really in business. That makes it lead me back to softmodding my New3DSXL as the only way.

Now you say its a "CONSOLE ID" ban as opposed to being "MAC" ban as ThoD replied to you earlier. ALSO, Ive read in the link's OP that saids

"So pretty much the bottom line is, if anyone has been using custom apps and/or titles not installed through Nintendo eShop while online in the past, guess what? You're screwed! And it is only a matter of time before your console's unique hexadecimal ID in the LocalFriendCodeSeedB is banned from Nintendo's online gaming server. This will mean, your console can't access the Friend List or play any online functions in games."

that sounds like bans are unpreventable. I said it in my OP, but to be more clear:

I would use the softmod ONLY for Streaming purposes, and playing physical (LEGALLY purchased) region locked games. I will NOT be using cheats at all, I will NOT be pirating since I collect video games, and I DO NOT CARE for friends list or online gameplay except MAYBE for pokemon if possible. I bring this up because ThoD said earlier there are specific bans (online game ban, friendlist banned)

now to really confirm, DESPITE all that, do you think I still could get banned? Will that SCREW me over of losing access to eShop, LOSE ALL of my digital purchases, lose access to PokeBank AND have my account banned on mynintendo, making it banned on my Switch and Wii U as well? If I don't lose my purchases, and I can still go on pokebank and poketransfer, then I don't care about anything else banwise.
Again, those bans are friend code seed bans, which are a JOKE to get past and unban yourself. Don't worry about it, install CFW and do whatever you want, have the sending of information disabled (internet settings) and you will be safe unless you play online in leaked games or you cheat HEAVILY online. Also, it's case by case even for the cheating, for example, having REALLY hacked teams on Pokemon games can get you in-game bans (even easier to get rid of than friend code seed ones), while using an armor set on Monster Hunter with 60 skills on it and no bans (but you will get disconnected automatically after a minute or two). Don't worry too much, ANY ban besides MAC one (which you get ONLY for playing VERY big name game leaks) is nothing to worry about and you can unban yourself in just 5 minutes!

Reactions: KoalaBoy

GilgameshArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got the sun and moon hyper ban, I speak with the knowledge of been banned and unleashed my system again with a new LFCS_B and erasing NNID save, so I can use every single thing online againe, bar things that need NNID, never touched my MAC. U can yourself ask about to very knowledgeable people like Tush, Aurora Wright, ScireneM or read about in the 3dsbrew.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I got the sun and moon hyper ban, I speak with the knowledge of been banned and unleashed my system again with a new LFCS_B and erasing NNID save, so I can use every single thing online againe, bar things that need NNID, never touched my MAC. U can yourself ask about to very knowledgeable people like Tush, Aurora Wright, ScireneM or read about in the 3dsbrew.
Considering how those people you mentioned also had commented on it when it was going on and how twitter was overflowing with links to guides about how to replace MAC and stuff, I know you are wrong. You may have gotten a different kind of ban that acted similarly to hyperban, but considering all it took to fix was the friend code seed, it wasn't a hyperban. Hyperban is ONLY the 002-0102 error similar to the Sky3DS bans couple years back. So again, you are wrong and are simply mistaking the types of bans.

GilgameshArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Considering how those people you mentioned also had commented on it when it was going on and how twitter was overflowing with links to guides about how to replace MAC and stuff, I know you are wrong. You may have gotten a different kind of ban that acted similarly to hyperban, but considering all it took to fix was the friend code seed, it wasn't a hyperban. Hyperban is ONLY the 002-0102 error similar to the Sky3DS bans couple years back. So again, you are wrong and are simply mistaking the types of bans.
I got the hyper ban, error both: 002-0102 and the 022-2812, u are the one complete mistaken, ask any knowledgeable in he 3DS hack scene and see whos wrong.
I played Moon online since leak day 1.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/

Last edited by GilgameshArcher,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I got the hyper ban, error both: 002-0102 and the 022-2812, u are the one complete mistaken, ask any knowledgeable in he 3DS hack scene and see whos wrong.
I played Moon online since leak day 1.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/
VERY weird how in that ENTIRE thread you linked there's no mention of HYPERban, JUST regular ban... hmm...:unsure: Sure it may have gotten caused by the Sun/Moon leaks, but those leaks caused 4 different ban-waves, only one of which was a hyper-ban.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...