[Questions] Possible to downgrade n3ds xl ?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Pounou, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Pounou
    OP

Pounou GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2014
    France
    Hi all,
    First thanks to all people who made the downgrade possible and other who makes tutorial and help people.

I would like to downgrade my new 3ds xl 10.3 eu. I saw lot of success for o3ds 2ds n3ds but nothing for n3ds xl. Did someone try on this model ?
    Also justpingo confirm that ktm will not be really more stable but just help people to choose the good pack for limited brick. So for now i would like to test but wait for success report on n3ds xl.

Thanks for your time.

2. JershXL

JershXL Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2015
    United States
    emuNAND
    I successfully downgraded my n3ds xl, except mine is US

3. DrCrygor07

DrCrygor07 Italian Wario Ware bootleg©

Sep 4, 2014
    Italy
    There's no difference between n3ds and n3dsxl on the system part, just like 3ds and 3ds xl or dsi and dsi xl

4. SterneSchreien

SterneSchreien Naughty One

Jan 4, 2016
    Canada
    Lots of people managed to get it working, some others didn't. I got 3 softbricks while trying to downgrade mine so I'm waiting for now. Refer to this thread to decide wether or not you should try it.

5. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    Being a "New" model, I'd better wait. There's is no need to rush nothing. Make some legit cias from your owned carts and install them. No more cart switching yay.

6. Pounou
    OP

Pounou GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2014
    France
    Downgrade ok for me. Theme menu hax work great and i can use my gateway and homebrew launcher. All perfect

7. RunningHamster

RunningHamster Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2015
    next to ur window
    Hey, you should downgrade. I mean if your ok with the 50-90% chance of getting a brick.
    I downgraded my europe n3ds xl from 10.3.0-28E to 9.2.0-20E successfully.
    note:
    you should only do it if you are fine with the 90% chance of a brick and if your still going ahead,
    make sure your internet dns settings are set to auto obtain on your n3ds and you know how to
    get into recovery mode.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

edit edit:
    make sure you know what to do if you end up with a black screen. Browse around and you'll find a simple solution:
    turn off your console, remove your sd, turn your console back on, insert sd.