Hacking Questions on Softmodding new Wiis

Xirix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've softmodded two Wiis before, mine and my sisters, using the Twilight Princess exploit.

My cousin's informed me he's thinking about buying a Black Wii package with Mario Kart, and he wants me to mod it for him.

1) As a new Wii, I assume it won't be able to read DVD-Rs? What should be used instead of these then? I know that a lot load from USB, but can you use USB HDDs, large USB Pendrives etc?

2) Will I be able to use the Twilight Princess exploit to install the Homebrew channel, or is this an outdated/No longer valid method?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) yeah new wiis including black or red wii's cannot read any disc except legit wii games.
the majority of usb hdd or usb flash drives will work but there are those rare ones that don't

2) the twilight princess method is pretty outdated, any was only used on early 3.x systems.

if it's on 4.3, you will have to use another game depending on your region
if it's on 4.2, you can use bannerbomb v2

follow my guide or use modmii to make it super easy.

http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-3-below

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
xzxero summed it up pretty well with his post. Newer Wii consoles will not play DVD-R. And, yes, the Twilight Hack method is long outdated. Depending on the Wii, you may have to use a certain game to hack it... Smash Stack via Super Smash Bros. Brawl (NTSC-U), Indiana PWNS! via LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (NTSC-U, PAL), or Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D Wheelie Breakers (NTSC-J, PAL, NTSC-U).

Follow the stickied threads and you shouldn't have many issues.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah you wont feel lost because the 4.3 hacks (lego indiana jones etc) are like just the twilight princess hack...

Xirix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
One last question, I'm getting ready to do his Wii, he wants to use a USB HDD for storing his backups and playing them, does it matter what kind of USB HDD it is or will they all work with the wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @Xdqwerty