Hacking Questions on RGH for Trinity

r5xscn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello, I will purchase a Trinity Xbox 360 slim soon. I have some questions regarding this slim.

1. Does Trinity comes with 4GB? After reading Wikipedia, I think Trinity only comes with a 250GB HDD. The seller said that it is a 4GB model.
2. What RGH chip works best for Trinity?
3. Do I need JR Programmer to program the RGH chip and the NAND? I read that 4GB models can be dumped through SD card reader.
4. Based on the tutorial that I read on the Internet, I will only need the RGH chip and the JR Programmer. Is this correct?
5. Any tips or tricks?

Previously I have done an RGH v1 on a Jasper, so I hope I can install RGH on this Trinity without any issue.

Thank you.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I will purchase a Trinity Xbox 360 slim soon. I have some questions regarding this slim.

1. Does Trinity comes with 4GB? After reading Wikipedia, I think Trinity only comes with a 250GB HDD. The seller said that it is a 4GB model.
2. What RGH chip works best for Trinity?
3. Do I need JR Programmer to program the RGH chip and the NAND? I read that 4GB models can be dumped through SD card reader.
4. Based on the tutorial that I read on the Internet, I will only need the RGH chip and the JR Programmer. Is this correct?
5. Any tips or tricks?

Previously I have done an RGH v1 on a Jasper, so I hope I can install RGH on this Trinity without any issue.

Thank you.

Yeah 4GB, module can be removed

AceV3, Matrix, Coolrunner

You need to be able to read nand and program chips - jrp/nand x or equivalent

RGH and JR P can get the job done - You will need cable to flash chip and cable to read nand.

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/forums/console-modding.940/?platform_ids[0]=12

Reactions: r5xscn

r5xscn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah 4GB, module can be removed

AceV3, Matrix, Coolrunner

You need to be able to read nand and program chips - jrp/nand x or equivalent

RGH and JR P can get the job done - You will need cable to flash chip and cable to read nand.

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/forums/console-modding.940/?platform_ids[0]=12

Thank you for your answers! Since the 4GB module is removable, the NAND that I need to read is 16 MB. Is this correct?

Also, I saw Ace V5 on ebay. is that better? Once again thanks!

Edit: I saw a reddit post that says V3 is better for Trinity. I think I will just buy Ace V3. Thanks.

Last edited by r5xscn,
Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your answers! Since the 4GB module is removable, the NAND that I need to read is 16 MB. Is this correct?

Edit: I saw a reddit post that says V3 is better for Trinity. I think I will just buy Ace V3. Thanks.

All trins are 16MB nand correct

V3 are better v4/5 have bad batches and are hit n miss.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States

All Trinities have a 16mb nand, can be used with a Jr programmer

The 4gb is just an internal USB daughter board, it can be removed, iirc there exists a QSB kit that allows you to replace it with a standard USB port for whatever you want

Ace v3 or matrix glitcher works on Trinities, everyone seems to recommend ace v3 with s-rgh or with auto tuning, matrix glitchers work but may take a few tries to boot, you want a chip with the fast crystal 150mhz iirc

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

r5xscn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
All Trinities have a 16mb nand, can be used with a Jr programmer

The 4gb is just an internal USB daughter board, it can be removed, iirc there exists a QSB kit that allows you to replace it with a standard USB port for whatever you want

Ace v3 or matrix glitcher works on Trinities, everyone seems to recommend ace v3 with s-rgh or with auto tuning, matrix glitchers work but may take a few tries to boot, you want a chip with the fast crystal 150mhz iirc
Thank you for the suggestion. I already ordered Ace V3 + J-R Programmer V2 from eBay and hopefully, it will come within a month. I will update this thread again with hopefully a successful attempt :).

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the suggestion. I already ordered Ace V3 + J-R Programmer V2 from eBay and hopefully, it will come within a month. I will update this thread again with hopefully a successful attempt :).

Regular or S-RGH both 150mhz timing files . S-RGH with CR4 ticked and right timing file will give nice boots. Both wire up the same.

r5xscn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Regular or S-RGH both 150mhz timing files . S-RGH with CR4 ticked and right timing file will give nice boots. Both wire up the same.

Thanks again for the suggestion, is there any difference between CR4 and SMC+? I am planning to try both.
Also regarding the 150mhz timing files, I see that 300 MHz timing files by 15432 and Octal450 are recommended a lot on online forums. Where can I find the 150 MHz timing files? Thanks!

Reactions: HollowGrams

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again for the suggestion, is there any difference between CR4 and SMC+? I am planning to try both.
Also regarding the 150mhz timing files, I see that 300 MHz timing files by 15432 and Octal450 are recommended a lot on online forums. Where can I find the 150 MHz timing files? Thanks!

300mhz works as well with Acev3. The pack usually comes with both sets and timings.

r5xscn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yesterday I got my chips from eBay. I bought the cheapest AceV3 (which is a fake I think) that I can find.

During the installation, I had to reflash the firmware of my J-R Programmer v2 because it was randomly not working with the firmware that it came with.

Also, I noticed that the fake AceV3s that I got do not want to glitch with common best timing files. I used the L0.3T60.9 timing file and it is booting consistently within less than 10 seconds. And yes, I bought 2 fake Ace V3s, and both only work with T60.9. Other timing files that I tested won't boot the console.

While the console is open, I decided to repaste the CPU, and add some 1.5cmx1.5cm heatsinks to the southbridge (because it is hot for my consoles) and the hana chip, which is not that hot. I also managed to knock a capacitor from the back of the CPU when reinstalling the xclamp lol. Luckily it is the big one and I can resolder it back without any issue.

Overall, Trinity RGH is much easier to do and more consistent than my Jasper RGH1.

Thanks all for all of your help!

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I got my chips from eBay. I bought the cheapest AceV3 (which is a fake I think) that I can find.

During the installation, I had to reflash the firmware of my J-R Programmer v2 because it was randomly not working with the firmware that it came with.

Also, I noticed that the fake AceV3s that I got do not want to glitch with common best timing files. I used the L0.3T60.9 timing file and it is booting consistently within less than 10 seconds. And yes, I bought 2 fake Ace V3s, and both only work with T60.9. Other timing files that I tested won't boot the console.

While the console is open, I decided to repaste the CPU, and add some 1.5cmx1.5cm heatsinks to the southbridge (because it is hot for my consoles) and the hana chip, which is not that hot. I also managed to knock a capacitor from the back of the CPU when reinstalling the xclamp lol. Luckily it is the big one and I can resolder it back without any issue.

Overall, Trinity RGH is much easier to do and more consistent than my Jasper RGH1.

Thanks all for all of your help!

As you see you'll have glitching issues with cheap boards, also use rgh 1.2 on phats

It isn't hard to get insta boot

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but too bad I killed my Jasper. Now it has a mismatch fuse value for fuse 03 and 04. Last time it still can boot xell but not the dashboard.

rebuild the nand using glitch2m setting

XeBuild has 4 "hacked" build modes:

jtag <--- first hack to fully support homebrew on Xbox 360 (along with games) also "R-JTAG" or "R-JTAG+" with the appropriate SMC [R-JTAG just needs to have -o patchsmc]

glitch <--- RGH 1.x

glitch2 <--- RGH 2.x (also RGH2+ with the appropriate SMC)

glitch2m <--- RGH 2.x (also RGH2+ with the appropriate SMC) this is a hybrid between JTAG and RGH in that it emulates the fuses like JTAG does and can thus work on consoles that have fuses that are fucked...

that is why you dont play and screw with your efuses, you can permanently brick your console by doing so

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,
Reactions: Ryccardo and r5xscn

r5xscn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
rebuild the nand using glitch2m setting

XeBuild has 4 "hacked" build modes:

jtag <--- first hack to fully support homebrew on Xbox 360 (along with games) also "R-JTAG" or "R-JTAG+" with the appropriate SMC [R-JTAG just needs to have -o patchsmc]

glitch <--- RGH 1.x

glitch2 <--- RGH 2.x (also RGH2+ with the appropriate SMC)

glitch2m <--- RGH 2.x (also RGH2+ with the appropriate SMC) this is a hybrid between JTAG and RGH in that it emulates the fuses like JTAG does and can thus work on consoles that have fuses that are fucked...

that is why you dont play and screw with your efuses, you can permanently brick your console by doing so

Thank you very much for this! I will try glitch 2m when I have the machine again. Currently, I am away from my home country. So I cannot try this right away. But if I can revive my Jasper, that would be awesome! Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.