Gaming Questions on flashing

Ivoire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a little question on flashing, I did a bit of searching but didn't find anything for my chipset. I know VIA is the one everyone uses, but I read others work. I've got a Intel ICH7R/DH Sata Raid Controller, anyone think that'll work?

Another question, is it possible with a Hitachi 79 to use a Sata to USB 2.0 cable? I've read some hit and miss stories on another forum, but I figured I'd ask the experts here because gbatemp is a bit more respectable then the forum I was reading it on.

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully answer my questions.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SATA->USB won't work. Chipset, might work, just try it. Hitachis aren't really that fussy when it comes to what you use.

Ivoire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it and when I clicked Raw Dump Firmware in Toolbox, it said "Cannot Read from Drive"

Ivoire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, followed the tut on Youtube that Textbook filmed. Maybe it's because of my chipset? That's the only thing I can think of it being.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like it just isn't unlocking for some reason. Probably worth getting a via card then, they aint that expensive and even if it still happens, least you'll have a confirmed working chipset and can eliminate that being the problem.

Ivoire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I finally managed to flash my 360 two days ago, finally got a copy of a game to test and it worked! Lucky for me since it was a Memorex DVD+R DL, now I'll have to buy the good stuff. It really sucks though, I flashed it ONE DAY before 1.51 came out, that kind of pisses me off because I've no idea how to update my drive. Ah well, thankfully, nothing too ground shaking is coming out anytime soon.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions Armadillo.

Oh, I managed to do it by setting my Sata from RAID to IDE in the BIOS, I've got another random problem with my burning, saying the Current transfer mode not optimal, no idea how to fix that one. x.x;

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use jungleflasher to update to 1.51. If you click user help it'll give you the manual which tells you exactly how to do it. As for current transfer mode not optimal. Assuming it's an ide burner, I'd guess it's not using DMA mode, go into device manager and check and if it isn't, then set to DMA.

Ivoire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting on my sata cable to come in the post before I flash again, using that tiny cable in the 360 is a pain. As for the DMA mode.... what? I have no idea where that would be to find in the device manager.

I tried setting the jumper to slave, but that didn't work, so I sent it back to master.

Ivoire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both are set to DMA and the current transfer mode is Ultra DMA Mode 2 for both.

I think the problem for my drive is that the current mode is set to low, because when I run SiSoftware, it says the max mode is UltraDMA-4 / ATA66... but I've no idea how to set it to that max mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse