Questions on Dowgrading from 4.1J to 3.2J

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jakelee, Jan 5, 2010.

Jan 5, 2010
  1. jakelee
    OP

Newcomer jakelee Member

United States
    Hi,

I have a Wii JAP 4.1J with D2CKey that I bought about two years ago. Recently by accident I updated to 4.2J and then followed a guide here to downgrade to 4.1J. JAP games all play fine and some USA games seem to have some problems, such as SMG, Mario Kart, Wii Fit, etc. Not really sure why...probably due to some updates since 3.2J. I googled for downgrade guide from 4.xJ to 3.2J on the web and want to get some of your thoughts here...

Thanks,

J-

2. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    I thoroughly recommend downgrading from 4.1 to 3.2 - but only if you want to dramatically increase your chances of getting a brick that is!
    4.x contain stub IOSes that would brick your Wii if you downgraded back to 3.2 so quite simply dont - if you are on 4.1/4.2 you will have all the updates necessary.
    I seriously hope there is not a guide on the web for downgrading!

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    unfortunately, there are still guides that downgrade you to 3.2 as its so called "the best" system menu version to have.

4.1 is actually the best firmware to have atm.
    this also counts for 4.2, but only if you accidentally updated to it
    You can do EVERYTHING on those firmwares and you get the SD card menu as bonus

4. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    just stay on 4.1/4.2 let 3.2 go and die its death allready

5. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    I am at 4.1J all US games fine. no need to downgrade to 3.2. Better check on you priiloader or startpatch hacks. But I believe you have a modchip so playing through disc won't be a problem.

6. jakelee
    OP

Newcomer jakelee Member

United States
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

@razorback78 - can you please share some detailed information? In addition to this issue on 4.2J (Not being able to play some US games), I was looking into possibilities of changing the language of the system menu (JAP) to EN....is this possible at this point of time? Thanks...

7. jazvdb

Member jazvdb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Theres nothing 4.1/.2 cant do that 3.2 can

8. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    As numerous other posters have said, there's no reason to downgrade. It's like saying you want to downgrade from Windows XP to Windows 98SE because 98SE was, in it's time, the most stable version

9. jakelee
    OP

Newcomer jakelee Member

United States
    Understandable...the main purpose of my initial thought is to be able to play US games on my JAP Wii after updated to 4.1J as some US games stopped working....as long as I figure out workarounds to get these US games to work on my Wii, that would be cool to stay with 4.x.