Hacking Questions before updating to 4.2...

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on a softmodded v3.3U console with BootMii, cIOS (I don't remember what rev), mIOS that came with GC Backup Launcher 0.2, DVDX, Homebrew Channel, USB Loader GX channel, and a Neogamma R6 Channel. I'm looking to update to 4.2 because of Wii Motion Plus, SDHC, and some other stuff. Anyways, will updating through Nintendo brick my console? I don't care if it will block my homebrew, since I could always use Bannerbomb on 4.2. I'm sure this has been asked many times but help would be very appreciated.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really much sense in upgrading via Nintendo to 4.2. It's more of a headache at the moment than it's worth. Use Wanin's updater to get you to 4.1. Wii Motion+ works fine in 4.1.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dartdude6 said:
I'm currently on a softmodded v3.3U console with BootMii, cIOS (I don't remember what rev), mIOS that came with GC Backup Launcher 0.2, DVDX, Homebrew Channel, USB Loader GX channel, and a Neogamma R6 Channel. I'm looking to update to 4.2 because of Wii Motion Plus, SDHC, and some other stuff. Anyways, will updating through Nintendo brick my console? I don't care if it will block my homebrew, since I could always use Bannerbomb on 4.2. I'm sure this has been asked many times but help would be very appreciated.

4.2 does absolutely nothing of this. It doesn't add any features at all. It just deletes homebrew, nothing more. Update to 4.1 instead.

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.2 already. I installed bootmii, Homebrew Channel, and DVDX. But I also saved a NAND backup of my 3.3U system right before I updated to 4.2. Can I use BootMii on 4.2U to restore my 3.3U's NAND and if so, will that bring me back to exactly how my Wii was before 4.2U?

And if I get back to 3.3U, how do I upgrade to 4.1U?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dartdude6 said:
I'm on 4.2 already. I installed bootmii, Homebrew Channel, and DVDX. But I also saved a NAND backup of my 3.3U system right before I updated to 4.2. Can I use BootMii on 4.2U to restore my 3.3U's NAND and if so, will that bring me back to exactly how my Wii was before 4.2U?

And if I get back to 3.3U, how do I upgrade to 4.1U?
yes you can revert back to 3.3 with your NAND.bin

to get to 4.1 follow my guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.