Questions Before i buy a New 3ds XL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by NicolaiVdS, Nov 30, 2016.

1. NicolaiVdS
    OP

NicolaiVdS Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2016
    Belgium
    Aalst
    Hello,

Im looking to buy my first 3ds and i wanna put cfw on on it so i have a few questions before i go to the store and buy one.

• What should i look for when buying a New 3ds XL ?
      • I know there a lists of with version numebers on but are they stil accurate ? like this one
    • what is the highest FW version that can downgrade without a hard mod
    • Any other recommendations ?
    PS: I wanna CFW the 3ds and run EMU Nand on it.

PSS: I'm in the EU.

2. KytuzuEX

KytuzuEX Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.

Apr 21, 2014
    Puerto Rican can talk either English/Spanish
    www.3ds.guide

Anyways, you should look for the lowest firmware of course, but nowadays, the N3DSes are at the latest version.

Last edited by KytuzuEX, Nov 30, 2016
    NicolaiVdS likes this.
  3. Molina

Molina My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.

May 14, 2016
    France
    If you go for CFW, region doesn't matter (with CFW Luma).

• everything is in the link you posted, I can't help you more. Don't hesitate to look for old "game+n3dsxl bundle" (n3ds launch bundle for example) they are more likely to be on a downgradable FW. Last thing I bough was a n3dsXL on amazon (EU) and it was on 10.4 FW if I remember well (it was months ago).
    • 10.7 without hardmod or Dsiware downgrade.
    • Even though I don't use it on my n3dsxl (Luma EmuNAND with bootmanager) but I use it on my 2ds, I would recommend to go for a9lh.
    This can help you if you really want EmuNAND. You only need to be on the good FW.

NicolaiVdS likes this.
  4. wsquan171

wsquan171 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    wsquan171 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2015
    China
    Well, if you're in the US I'm selling off my barely used Monster Hunter Generations n3ds+32GB sd with a9lh+luma already setup for you. It will come with the original packaging and all backups made before installing a9lh. I'd like to sell it for $260+ shipping, pm me if interested.