Hacking questions about v11.10.0-43u and accessibility of r4 flash cards

mega j

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the current version of my 3ds nintendo 3ds xl without the extra button is 11.9.0. I was planning on hacking on it through r4 flash card to use 3ds homebrew jksm to dump a save onto my save for warioware gold. so should i update my 3ds or keep it at this version for now is the most important choice?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ntrboot cannot be defeated by system updates and will work exactly the same regardless of whether you are running 11.9 or 11.10. Also, if you're installing CFW, you should probably use Checkpoint instead of JKSM.

If you only want to change the save data for this one game, you can run JKSM through steelhax without making any persistent changes to your 3DS. However, if you have a EUR-region "old" 3DS, you will have to find an otherapp.bin for 11.10.

Reactions: Quantumcat

mega j

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you but since dualcore probably has better cheats than powersaves by action replay i will invest in that another note do jksm saves can used on checkpoint ?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
do jksm saves can used on checkpoint ?
There's no such thing as "jksv saves" or "checkpoint saves", only packaged-and-encrypted saves (as stored on a gamecard or .sav file) and decrypted-and-extracted saves (made of potentially multiple files with arbitrary names, as obtainable via any save manager, and ultimately seen by the game itself); you can use something extracted by one save manager with another just fine

thank you but since dualcore probably has better cheats than powersaves by action replay
Powersaves is a commercial save editor operating on encrypted saves (mostly discredited by the free alternatives), there's no such thing as "dualcore" related to save editing (only in the name of a poor quality DS flashcard by r4isdhc.com)

mega j

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay the puzzle is solved thank you everyone that helped me find this out

oh yeah i forgot something if dualcore poor quality then what is the what call a better card to use homebrew on ?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh yeah i forgot something if dualcore poor quality then what is the what call a better card to use homebrew on ?
While there are 3DS flashcarts, they are usually very expensive and no one recommends using them, since there is nothing you can do with them that you cannot accomplish much more easily by installing CFW. Generally, flashcarts are only used on the 3DS for running DS games, since DS flashcarts are still pretty cheap.

Some DS flashcarts can also be used for ntrboot, which is an exploit used only to install CFW and is otherwise useless (aside from obscure recovery purposes).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ