skpuppy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys!

Ive read some threads and guides (mainly this one https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(rxTools-2.5.2) ) and now Im interested into upgrading my sysnand to 9.2 to use menuhax + Luma3ds instead of rxtools Im using right now.

My device is o3ds XL and my sysnand is on 6.x.x (dont have it on me at the moment but browser version is 11 or 12, already have setup rxtools CFW and MSET ROP entry point). The thing Im still having doubts is that my sysnand is modified a bit - it has patched agb_firm, installed some GBA games, FBI already injected and MSET ROP set for booting into emunand with rxtools from Nintendo DS profile. Would it be safe for me to follow Plailects guide and upgrade sysnand with sysupdater to 9.2 or am I risking a brick because I have GBA games injeceted and patched agb_firm? I wasnt able to find answer to this particular question and thats why Im asking.

Tiibz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, you can update normally, the patched firm will be overwritten.
Just make sure you have your sysnand backup

skpuppy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I have successfully upgraded to 9.2, installed menuhax and luma3ds.

One more question: how do I get into devmode on sysnand with menuhax or luma? Or do I need to use rxtools for that?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you can update normally, the patched firm will be overwritten.
Just make sure you have your sysnand backup
woah . . . update normally from 6.x . . . this sounds like a troll response . . . you need sysupdater

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One more question: how do I get into devmode on sysnand with menuhax or luma? Or do I need to use rxtools for that?
luma does not have a devmode . . . i believe you need to hold "L" during boot to boot sysnand with cfw applied (if not "L" then its "R")

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay