Questions about transfering saves to a Cyclods

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by bbqeggs, Oct 2, 2010.

Oct 2, 2010
  1. bbqeggs
    OP

Newcomer bbqeggs Newbie

United States
    Hey, I have an R4 and have spent many hours playing games and having fun until it broke. It just can't be read by my DS anymore. I put it in, turn my DS on and nothing. It does not recognize that I even have a card put in slot1. I still have a working memory card, that's not the problem. I tested the memory card on my computer, it still works. I even used my friends R4 and my memory card worked in that.

So I decided to cut my losses and get a new slot1 card. I did some research and think the Cyclods is the best option for me. The big question I have before I spend any money, however, is if I can keep my saves from my R4 card. Does the Cyclods save files the same way the R4 does? If not is there anyway I can make my saves readable by a Cyclods? If there is no way to do it I would rather buy another R4 just to keep my files. Any help on this question would be great. Thanks.

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I recommend a better cart, because the CycloDS is almost dead.

If you want an easy switch, the AceKard 2i is cheap and uses the same savs. Plus it's cheap.

3. impizkit

Member impizkit Lazy Lurker

Australia
    If you want the features of the CycloDS, get the SuperCard DSTwo. Its cheaper than the CycloDS and still has updates.

4. bbqeggs
    OP

Newcomer bbqeggs Newbie

United States
    Does the SuperCard DsTwo require a fast SD card, like the supercard 1 did? My friend had problems with his supercard 1 and needed to buy a smaller faster SD card then the one I'm using. Also does anyone know if I could transfer saves to the SuperCard DsTwo?

5. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    no, I'm using a class 2 16GB, and it runs fine, not much of a difference with a class6
    and yes, the sav will work on dstwo