Questions about the Wii64 update?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by RemixDeluxe, Feb 21, 2011.

Feb 21, 2011
  1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    1. What is to be expected from this upcoming update. Will it fix graphical issues that some games cause because I cant even play DK64 and Mario party has noise issues.

2. When is the update coming, I read all of the news and I wasnt sure if this was mentioned or not?

2. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    The team behind Wii64 has made statements in which they were making a complete re-write of the code for dynarec to improve speed and compatibility. They also mentioned some new features such as a new video plug-in and such, but haven't touched on anything such as features in the very next beta (presumably 1.2), nor a specific release date. Since it has been a while since the last update, I would expect to see some improvements to compatibility with games, but other than that, I wouldn't expect too much.

3. Net_Bastard

Member Net_Bastard GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wii64 r448, beta 1, and beta 1.1 were built around the glN64 plugin. This version (which I'm guessing would be beta 2) uses Rice video instead for better compatibility.

4. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia

no one really knows why not just wait and see?