Hacking Questions about the current state of PS3 CFW

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello,
I've seen on few videos that PS3 Super Slim (ver.4.82) is now hackable (without a flasher,presumably).
I dislike using video guides because of ''scammy'' or ''shady'' things that might be involved such as surveys or malware,but nonetheless,I can't understand if such a thing is actually real or not.

Can the PS3 Super Slim model be actually hacked?
If so,
1)Is there a detailed guide?
2)Is it true that you can play PSX,PS2,PSP games with CFW?
3)Can you play PS2 games through actual PS2 discs?
4)Is there a potential risk of getting your account shut down entirelly? (as in NOT JUST be banned from the online service,but lose any games you've purchased digitally etc).In that case,should I use a secondary account with no purchased games,or will that eventually ban both of them ?

Thanks in advance

Deleted member 463137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hello,
I've seen on few videos that PS3 Super Slim (ver.4.82) is now hackable (without a flasher,presumably).
I dislike using video guides because of ''scammy'' or ''shady'' things that might be involved such as surveys or malware,but nonetheless,I can't understand if such a thing is actually real or not.

Can the PS3 Super Slim model be actually hacked?
If so,
1)Is there a detailed guide?
2)Is it true that you can play PSX,PS2,PSP games with CFW?
3)Can you play PS2 games through actual PS2 discs?
4)Is there a potential risk of getting your account shut down entirelly? (as in NOT JUST be banned from the online service,but lose any games you've purchased digitally etc).In that case,should I use a secondary account with no purchased games,or will that eventually ban both of them ?

Thanks in advance

As i know Super Slims can't be hacked without e3 flasher etc. But imma still will try to answer ur questions.
1) Maybe you can find in internet. I'm newbie on cfw too but ik some things.
2) Yup you can.
3) I think yeah you can but i haven't tested. You can google it
4) I think you won't lose any games. just you can't play them online but if u format the hdd etc. they will be gone forever. Also you will %100 be banned if you use cfw but idk when you will get banned if you use cfw.

I hope i have helped you :D

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont have all the answers but the simple fact is it is ALOT more headache to get things working, each and every time you boot and add contents, it is better to just buy a compatible Slim to be honest.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If the current ps3xploit or w/e it's called supports the Superslims then yes, you can install CFW on them.

This link should help you.
Yes, you can play PS1/PS2, PSP and PS3 games with CFW along with emulators for other systems.
Yup, retail PS2 games should work.
And yes, there's a chance you can get banned.
If you value your account, make a dummy account or don't hack the system.

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If the current ps3xploit or w/e it's called supports the Superslims then yes, you can install CFW on them.

This link should help you.
Yes, you can play PS1/PS2, PSP and PS3 games with CFW along with emulators for other systems.
Yup, retail PS2 games should work.
And yes, there's a chance you can get banned.
If you value your account, make a dummy account or don't hack the system.

My total of games on my account must be 20$ total.
Not that they're not much to me,but being able to make something out of my PSX/PS2 games makes it worth
Will Sony ban EVERY account on my console though? As I said,I have a secondary account (for my brother) which doesn't have any games purchased,but even if I log in by that account,I want to know if there's still a risk on getting my main account banned

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As far as I know from the info I gathered here, Sony only bans the offending account + console.

Say if you log in with "dummyaccount" and said account gets banned then your primary account which you got your digital games on won't be affected.
The console however also gets banned so you won't be able to log into PSN with it anymore unless you spoof your ConsoleID.

Now I'm not 100% certain your other account remains unaffected but I haven't seen it happen that all accounts on said PS3 gets banned.

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know from the info I gathered here, Sony only bans the offending account + console.

Say if you log in with "dummyaccount" and said account gets banned then your primary account which you got your digital games on won't be affected.
The console however also gets banned so you won't be able to log into PSN with it anymore unless you spoof your ConsoleID.

Now I'm not 100% certain your other account remains unaffected but I haven't seen it happen that all accounts on said PS3 gets banned.

I don't believe all accounts are banned. the AID for that account is. you can see your AID with a ps3 save file. if you have the same account on the vita, you can see it with the id.dat. with the ps4, I think you can see it if you export saves.

edit: btw, the account id is 16 characters. it might show up as 15 if the first character is a 0 on the ps3. with the vita and the ps4, the entire id will be displayed. :)

Last edited by godreborn,

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Correct, PS2 games in .pkg format can only use 100% software emulation (not that any Slim, Superslim, or most Fats can have anything else)
Is there a compatibility list? (I'd google that,but I don't know what to search for exactly just yet)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Do the solutions mentioned next to the status of the game work? If so,should I count on them ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended