Questions about the 3.3 firmware blocks

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mariomaniac33, Jul 11, 2008.

Jul 11, 2008
  1. mariomaniac33

Member mariomaniac33 GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2008
    United States
    Okay, I have been researching the wii 3.3 firmware since the new Wario game is going to come out this month in Japan. I can imagine that Nintendo would add the update to this game in order to force people to move up from 3.2. I still have a few questions though (concerning trucha).

1. Will Trucha signed channels be blocked? If so, is there any way to get around that?
    2. What all is trucha signed? Region free? Wii Scrubbed? Brick Blocker? Etc.? Or is it only isos run through trucha?
    3. Will GeckoOS 1.6 still run trucha games after the 3.3 firmware is installed?
    4. Is there any way to determine if an iso has been trucha patched if you don't know it's history (for instance, it you downloaded it off of the internet)? Is there a program that you can run the iso through or something?
    5. Are wads trucha signed when formed? What about if a new game is injected into a vc game such as Paradox's Super Smash Bros 64?

Thanks in advance. My wii is NTSC 3.2U (if that matters at all as of now). I have a wiikey 1.9s and I have done the softmods also (homebrew channel installed and such). I would like to know if these factors would affect anything.
  2. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

May 21, 2006
    United States
    This has all been answered before.

Trucha discs will be blocked from the Disc Channel. The only need to Trucha sign a disc is if it's been modified (IE. custom Guitar Hero discs, SSBB Single Layer, Mario Kart Wii with update disabled)

Yes, you can boot Trucha signed discs from the GeckoOS (Channel or Homebrew Channel)

WADs are different, you can still load injected VC titles though the WAD manager (I have done this on my 3.3, so I can say it's a definite)

The only reason to update to 3.3 is for the Mii Parade... if you want to have a current OS, feel free, but if you don't have to, don't.